How Does This Look?

Hi Everyone!

I just installed the Britax Grow With Me ClickTight Plus today, and it seems that the carseat might be hanging over the vehicle seat by more than what is allowed. Does this look okay, is it hanging over the vehicle seat too much? Does the back look okay, and the top? We didn't remove the head rest...

Also, the seat is installed in harness mode, and the manual says something about the seat not being allowed to over hang at all in booster mode, so will it be unusable once DD reaches booster mode?

Any guidance is appreciated! Thanks! :) IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0933.jpg IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0930.jpg

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Looks like it might be too much. Britax allows 3 inches of front overhang. I copied the following from their FAQs.

Harness Mode

It is important that the base of the child seat rests completely flat on the vehicle seat with no side overhang. As seen in the illustration, it is permissible to allow up to 3 in. (7.6 cm) of the base to hang over the front edge of the vehicle seat. If the vehicle seat does not allow enough of the child seat base to make contact, adjust the recline angle to a more upright position. Not doing so could cause the child seat to not perform as intended.

Otherwise, I don't see any worrisome gaps, and everything appears snug!

E

essential clarity

Thank you for your reply. I thought so; I am surprised, our vehicle seats don't seem shallow at all, we never had an issue with our Advocate or any other seat. I guess it's probably best in a captains chair.

Any suggestions on a better seat?

MelodyoftheForest

How old/tall/heavy is your child? When do you expect they'd be ready for a booster? Are there any convenience or safety features you prefer? Have you passed the convertible to a younger child, or has this child outgrown it?

I'm not sure which combination seats might be shallower, but the Graco Tranzitions comes to mind as a possibility. I have seen the SnugLock version recommended as easier to install. The regular version can be difficult, and was for me when I tried it. Otherwise, you could try looking at any dimensions listed online, or hopefully someone can give you more ideas here!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
One other thing to try-

When you install it, get into the vehicle in front of the car seat. As you pull the slack out before closing the ClickTight panel, and when you close the panel, also be pushing the seat backward into the vehicle seat back with your knees as much as possible. This is in addition to pushing down into the vehicle seat cushion with a hand. Maybe that will buy you enough to be under the 3" allowance?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC