How does the Princess Radian look in person?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't think I've ever seen a Princess Radian in person. How does it look? How bright is the green? Does it look better when the infant inserts are removed? Etc. I don't mind girly covers at all - we have several, including the Britax Tiffany cover - but with the print infant inserts, the Princess Radian looks a bit much. :eek: :p

I think I need to buy two more Radians to accomodate our 3-across situations, and while none of my kids will ever need the higher weight of a Radian 80, I feel bad that DD is going to lose all her pretty seats/covers and am considering buying one 80 so that she can have the pretty cover.

ADS

canadiangie

I have an older Princess cover, and recently installed a brand new RN with a Princess cover and could not believe how bright the new covers are. My cover is more a deep pink (still loud IMO), and the green is more of a muted olive, or even a muted apple green maybe... but the new covers have a really bright shade of green... almost neon... ? I also noticed that the cording along the edge of the cover is a really bright shade of pink... almost hot pink.

If you don't like loud, then I'd say the new Princess cover may be something you'd want to see IRL prior to ordering. :twocents::)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have one and it's not bad. It was a bit more garish at first but it quickly fades to a much more likeable collection of tones. I'm too lazy to find them but I've posted a few pics from when my third was born, coming home from the hospital, I think you can see it some in at least one of those.

elle7715

It's a lot easier on the eyes once it fades a bit. But what about a Malibu XT? I think that cover is much more attractive and you would be getting wings for the extra money instead of just a higher weight limit you won't need.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I thought you had seen the Princess cover in my van when DD2 was using the Radian for a while. Or maybe it was the Frontier in the van and not the Radian, or it was DH's car we used to car pool at the time? I don't remember for sure. :p The Princess cover has faded/mellowed some over the months we were using it in my van. It was fairly bright but not quite Pepto-pink bright when brand new. I'll have to see if I have pictures of it or try to snap a picture if I get a chance. It's in storage now while I've swapped the Frontier back into the van. Or we'll have to meet up in person so you can have a look. :)

Wineaux

It looks like the Easter Bunny puked on the cover? But then again, that's pretty much my opinion on most girly covers...

Jeanum

Staff member
:ROTFLMAO: DH schlepped the Princess covered Radian80 out of storage for me, and here's a picture of it next to a Barbie New Beetle for some girly pink comparison/contrast:

Radian80princesscoverPinkBarbieNewB.jpg

DH doesn't want this Radian cover riding around in his car, but DD2 was more easily lured into the Radian from her recalled Frontier last year by this cover in my van. ;) Since our Frontier harness needs replacing due to fraying, I may be swapping the Radian back into the van again.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO: DH schlepped the Princess covered Radian80 out of storage for me, and here's a picture of it next to a Barbie New Beetle for some girly pink comparison/contrast:

DH doesn't want this Radian cover riding around in his car, but DD2 was more easily lured into the Radian from her recalled Frontier last year by this cover in my van. ;) Since our Frontier harness needs replacing due to fraying, I may be swapping the Radian back into the van again.

Thanks Jean (and Jean's DH)! If it looks like the one in your pic (or quickly fades to look like that), I could stand it. It looks much ... less without the infant insert. I may also stop by Buy Buy Baby sometime soon to look at infant seats, and will see if they have a Princess Radian.

Jeanum

Staff member
I've seen threads here or on BC about it fraying when gently machine washed so I wouldn't be too keen on trying that unless it truly needed washing. I haven't washed ours, and luckily it hasn't needed it so far. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC