How do you like YOUR Radians?

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I like my Radians a good bit, but I also avoid using them outboard if at all possible. Mine all have headwings (XTSLs)

ADS

Christie

We have 2 winged RXT's rf'ing in our Ody. I wanted the SIP and I liked that I could keep my 4 1/2 year old rf'ing longer. Granted, my Littles are all (generally) on the short, skinny side of things as I just weighed him and soaking wet with four layers on he weighs 32 pounds. Couldn't tell you even close to how tall he is, but he's wearing 4T pants and shirts with not much extra room.

Our radians are brand new (Sept 12) and I haven't had any issue with the wings sliding down. My son threw up all over his about a week and a half ago and it cleaned nicely (although a bit more of a pain to put back together than a Britax).

I don't enjoy trying to adjust the crotch strap and they are harder to LATCH tighten, IMO, than some seats but I've been spoiled by Boulevard 65's too much.

We'll use them ff'ing until we switch to either a frontier 85 or similar..... But only after getting to the max rf'ing first.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Amy7707

We have the winged XTSLs and I like that there is something between my kiddo's head and the window. I figure they may help, so why not have them? I don't think they will play into how long DS will fit in them...RF he'll hit the 1.5" rule before the wings get in the way. He'll only FF in it for a little bit until I ditch our S4M and move DD into the Radians and get a FF only seat for DS. One of the RN was originally for her anyways :D

sparkle3116

I like the idea of the potential SIP of the head wings on my RXT, and I've never had any issues with them.

Like many others, I still try not to use my radian outboard. I like to have my DS in an Advocate in my car if I have to have him outboard because my car gets "poor" side impact ratings (yeah, the crash test dummies die :mad:). Once DS outgrows the Advocate RF'ing though, I will definitely move him to the RXT full-time rather than FF him in the Advocate because we know RF is the safest, and since we don't have side impact standards in the US, any extra side impact protection from added features like head wings is purely theoretical.

I think the radian wings come down to personal preference and maybe your seat configuration. I also used to have SK radian 65/80's FF outboard for my nanny kids and I loved them. I think head wings probably would have gotten in the way of getting a baby into the middle seat in a small car.

bnsnyde

I really like head wings, the bigger the better.
I don't think EPS foam around the head is theoretically safer, but really is safer. :) So we're a fan.

When my 6-year-old went over the top slots (he was 48 inches) he went to a booster but really he could ride just fine in the Radian still, wings and all. In Nana's car he STILL uses the winged Radian and until he is 53 inches I plan to keep him in that there if he fits. So far, he's plenty, plenty comfy and should make it to age 7.5 at least.

Oh, yeah, and the wings slide down all the time on this seat. I do hate that. Ours are 2011 and 2012 models. They only slide at the high setting, so one day my kid was under the top slots, the next, above (even though I know they can be this way). Drove me crazy. So we boostered him at a little over 6 and 55 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC