News How did I miss this? Grow & Go EX

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's exactly the same as the regular grow&go fit wise. My kids would definitely hit height first.

lgenne

Looks like aside from the standing height limit (49") for the G&G EX it has very similar limits to the E2F, both have an internal seat height of 27". KQ, your kids are skinny and super long waisted, right? Or am I confusing you with someone else? I'm not sure if you're saying that lots of kids will outgrow it by height first, or if the occasional outlier will.

When you say it's the same fit as the G&G, is that just fit to kid, or fit to vehicle too? So it would get a B at its most upright, with only .5" more leg room than the E2F, and the E2F at its most compact gets an A?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The shell is exactly the same except a bit heavier. Fit to vehicle and kid is the same. It doesn't adjust quite as tall as the advance air + ex from what I saw anyway which is why I don't think it will last an average kid as long.

Only 2 of my kids are lightweight. The other two have been in the 75th-90th on weight-for-height consistently all their lives. And are tall. They weren't 50 lbs until around 7. A 97th percentile boy in weight would still be 4 1/2 before hitting 50, and many of those boys might be too tall by then (since height varies so much.) I'm guessing the number of kids who max this seat out by weight before seated height would be smaller and heavily skewed toward the high end of the weight charts.

Last edited:

Cnidaria

I would luuuuuurve to see a comparison article on Carseatblog on the three EX seats - what they look like sitting next to each other on the floor, what the same 5 yo looks like in them with respect to how close they are to outgrowing by height, and what they look like installed in the same car. Plus the E2F. :-D

The Elite EX and the G&G EX have really snuck in under the radar!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC