how cheap do the britax seats go on the sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecowgirl

i see people are saying there will be a sale on britax seats most likely in february...

1) how cheap are the seats? (what are the usual prices for various models)

2) where is the sale?

thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The sales are pretty much across the board. I know albeebaby and babyage will have it. They normally do. I think the sale may go into B&M stores, but I'm not sure.

Marathon's are known to come down to $209, Boulevards down into the $240s I think, someone I know got a Regent for $207. Roundabouts go down to $130 I think? Not sure on that one. It's a pretty decent sale.

Wendy

thecowgirl

The sales are pretty much across the board. I know albeebaby and babyage will have it. They normally do. I think the sale may go into B&M stores, but I'm not sure.

Marathon's are known to come down to $209, Boulevards down into the $240s I think, someone I know got a Regent for $207. Roundabouts go down to $130 I think? Not sure on that one. It's a pretty decent sale.

Wendy

what is B&M stores?

and are the sales usually on "old" models? (does britax come out with new models each year?)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Brick and mortar.

I think they're usually pretty new. They have sales in September and February, so it's not that they have a bunch stocking up.

Some covers are by year, but the models are rather fluid. For instance they made a change in the covers and lockoffs of the Marathon and Boulevard in August of 2007. They changed their installation instructions on the Regent in June of 2007. So it happens when necessary, or just small changes from year to year.

Wendy

mamaofthree

I got mine at Target last year during the Sept sale (my understanding is that Britax allows sales twice yearly). It was $229, and I opened up a Target account to get an addt'l 10% off, so $222 including tax. So it wasn't as cheap as some of the online deals (most have free shipping and no sales tax), but I wanted to make sure I knew the manufacture date and have the opportunity to return it if I didn't like it. I think most people here would agree that they got very recent manufacture dates on their seats. Some people even had theirs go on backorder, so their seat was made within weeks of getting it!

Kimberly

mamaofthree

I bought a Marathon. My 13 mo old son was outgrowing the Safeseat by height, and this is what I decided to get next. It was between this and the Evenflo Triumph Advance. I didn't like any of the covers for the Evenflo, and I've always wanted a Britax. I'm sure I would have been happy with either one.

Kimberly

dhardawa

Okay, just to clear up any questions. Britax fixes the prices on all current models (this includes both current seat models and current covers) for anyone who is selling online. The fixed price is MSRP. Technically, online retailers can offer NO discounts at all including things like free shipping, but they do. Britax swears that this is legal, but after taking a ton of business classes for my MBA, there are quite a few laws they violate with this policy. I have never known them to enforce it which makes me wonder just how legal it is. A retailer caught violating this policy can lose its dealership effective immediately with no questions asked. This price fixing does not carry over to brick and mortar stores. You can get discontinued models and covers at any time online. Twice a year (approximately) Britax will send out a notice to all retailers that during a certain week, they are allowed to discount their seats. It is then up to the retailers as to what they want to do and where they want to set the prices. So far, I have received no notice of a sale, but that isn't to say it won't arrive today. Typically, I'll receive notice 4-6 weeks before the sale date.

fyrfightermomma

It sure doesn't seem like much of a sale to me. Boulevards in the $240's? I got two at an authorized online stores(can't remember which one as I'm at work) but with free shipping they were $223.00 each(this was 2 weeks ago) so without a sale it's still cheaper than the sale????? Both had manufacture dates of dec 07. That's why I don't personally even wait for the sales. I've always had better luck getting them cheaper online with free shipping

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Okay, just to clear up any questions. Britax fixes the prices on all current models (this includes both current seat models and current covers) for anyone who is selling online. The fixed price is MSRP. Technically, online retailers can offer NO discounts at all including things like free shipping, but they do. Britax swears that this is legal, but after taking a ton of business classes for my MBA, there are quite a few laws they violate with this policy. I have never known them to enforce it which makes me wonder just how legal it is. A retailer caught violating this policy can lose its dealership effective immediately with no questions asked. This price fixing does not carry over to brick and mortar stores. You can get discontinued models and covers at any time online. Twice a year (approximately) Britax will send out a notice to all retailers that during a certain week, they are allowed to discount their seats. It is then up to the retailers as to what they want to do and where they want to set the prices. So far, I have received no notice of a sale, but that isn't to say it won't arrive today. Typically, I'll receive notice 4-6 weeks before the sale date.

Thanks for the clarification Dana :) I as well as many others were wondering how this worked.

ZephyrBlue

Eviesmama, which Boulevard cover pattern(s) did you get for $224? I ask because usually the older, discontinued cover patterns go for less than the sale prices of the current covers. If you got a Huntington or Shannon for $224 shipped, that's a heck of a deal! I've seen the Park Avenue and the black/gold pattern (Classic? Regal?) for that price recently, but they are discontinued covers. Same with the Olivia Marathon for $202.

o_mom

I have almost always seen at least one online retailer with the Marathon at $190 - I think it was Blounty's last time (they are an authorized retailer, but listed under a different name on the Britax website). The big benefit of the sale is that you can pick any cover you want, not just the 2-3 on clearance. The prices are also usually _slightly_ lower than the normal clearance price. Target will have them on sale in store and on the website.

Melanie

I have almost always seen at least one online retailer with the Marathon at $190 - I think it was Blounty's last time (they are an authorized retailer, but listed under a different name on the Britax website). The big benefit of the sale is that you can pick any cover you want, not just the 2-3 on clearance. The prices are also usually _slightly_ lower than the normal clearance price. Target will have them on sale in store and on the website.

I bought a Decath last year from Blounty's. They had great customer service. I believe I paid $209 & the Marathons were $200.

fyrfightermomma

It was a park avenue (however the dates still shows dec 07 (i looked and the other was november 07) but hey, I was going to take any cover....if money is that much of importance you can't be picky :) I guess I still don't see the point of the britax sales unless you really want a special cover. Otherwise 224.00 works for me!

Valentine

During the sale, do the sites sell out in like one day because so many people are waiting and stalking the sites? I wanna know how much time I have once the sale's announced; should I be hovering over the mouse, ready to click at a moment's notice? I'm determined to get a recent-DOM Granite MA at sale price, dang it! lol

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I ordered a Blvd. during the Feb. sale last year from Baby Catalog and received it about 3 to 4 weeks later because it was back ordered due to high demand spurred by the sale. I think it was on the second or third day of the sale when I placed the order. The sale price was honored and my credit card wasn't charged until the seat shipped, but I had to wait a bit to receive the seat.

ZephyrBlue

I ordered a Regent on the first or second day of the sale from BabyCatalog.com and it was here in about a week, IIRC. Very fast shipment.

Valentine

I ordered a Blvd. during the Feb. sale last year from Baby Catalog and received it about 3 to 4 weeks later because it was back ordered due to high demand spurred by the sale. I think it was on the second or third day of the sale when I placed the order. The sale price was honored and my credit card wasn't charged until the seat shipped, but I had to wait a bit to receive the seat.

Ooh, damn. I'm gonna have to be on the ball then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC