Hotel/resort transport. How safely do this?

bnsnyde

OK, so what do you do here?
Husband mentioned maybe Puerto Rico next year. I said "with the kids?"
If you were spirited enough to take 4 little kids there, how do you safely get from the airport to the resort?

During our honeymoon a shuttlebus picked us up and took us on highways, etc.. I can't imagine bringing kids and toddlers unrestrained on a hotel bus, and we won't all fit in a cab (let's say I had boosters/seats with me). And hotel buses vary widely. We'd probably not know what would pick us up.

So how do people get from the airport to their hotel on any sort of island or vacation? I'm just imagining in a crash toddlers going flying if they are not restrained.

ADS

lourdes

hi, are you planing in staying in the hotel all the time? the traffic from the airport to the hotels is very heavy, and if it is a resort then they are a little farther away and even in a bus i recommend to you that you use car seats. the taxis don't have car seats here. if you plan in leaving the hotel to visit any place here then i highly recommend you to bring your car seats. even if the taxis said that they don't need car seats by law here they do. i love my island and it is a great place for a family vacation but this people here don't drive good/safe at all and the traffic is usually heavy. in my opinion as a resident here is to bring car seats at least for your younger 2 and bring something like a lite rider for the 2 oldest, if you are planing in leaving the hotel to visit the island. i know that your family will have a great time here.:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC