Hope Car Bed with link to fb album

Louisa

CPST Instructor
ok just came back from doing my first Hope for an actual child (had installed it before but only for practice)

for 7 lb child with Gastroschisis (intestines and liver outside the body)

first Bill (another fantastic CPST-I with SN training too) and i went up to the nicu and met with the family, there were some questions how best to transport the child so we called Merritt for some further info, Was able to actually talk to Shane Merrett who was very helpful and personable.

Bed went in to a early 2000's suburu forester ( i know! it had to be a suburu didn't it!)

installed passenger and center with two lap shoulder belts, passenger side belt retractor forward of the seat, and center from the roof through belt guide.
we ended up using a LC on the passenger belt, although afterward we both agreed that it was not much of an improvement over locking the belt, and locked the retractor for the center. we did use the foam wedge to level it, and both rf tethers. the installation was rock solid!:thumbsup:

(rf tethers are not mandatory but strongly recommended)
I STRONGLY preferred the install with them :twocents:

also per shane merrett using rolled blankets next to the head is not recommended.

I may be returning next week to do a side-lieing Hope

link to fb album with pics it should be public so you can see it if you don't have a FB or aren't my friend

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=274988&id=854044480

Last edited:
ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Thank you for sharing this, I was interested in how the Hope Car Bed works. What will the parents have to do when the baby is 10 lbs?

Louisa

CPST Instructor
the great thing about the hope is that is is useable to 35 lbs just with different accessories. It is the bag and cumberbund that is only rated to 10 lbs.

Murphy's Law

Click here for some more info.

We have bought several for our kids with spinal muscular atrophy. I've seen them in person but have yet to install. They are a much better option than the traditional cosco car beds. These will last much longer! :thumbsup:

Louisa

CPST Instructor
yes, the bag and cumberbund some in small and large, and also in side facing small and large.
the three point harness can also be used instead of the bag from 10-35 lbs

U

Unregistered

The HOPE car bed comes with a small restraint bag and small cummerbund rated 4.5 to 10 pounds and a 3-point harness and large cummerbund rated 10 to 35 pounds.

You can also purchase a large restraint bag and cummerbund rated 10 to 35 pounds.

A small side facing restraint bag rated 4.5 to 10 pounds and a large side facing restraint bag rated 10 to 35 pounds is also available.

More information can be found at www.eztether.com

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Thanks - great pictorial. Its very similar to the old Snugseat carbed, but with some great upgraded features. It is a much-needed resource for kids with certain needs.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the info and pictures. Looks like a great seat. May I ask: When you guys are using/installing this bed are you doing it through a loaner program? Or is insurance actually paying for these (ha ha)?

Mikeswife

That's awesome! I'm on fb but it kept taking me to my newsfeed , not ur pics. I looked it up and asked them about it for use with my daughter following a surgery to remove metal hardware from her pelvis & femurs. Since u have seen it in person, what do you think of it being used for a 29.5 lb, 35" toddler (it says 29" or longer if knees can be bent). Would there be any options for car restraint? I'm afraid of a 5 pt harness over fresh incisions!

Pixels

Mikeswife, usually the best option would be rear facing. You need to talk to the doctor(s) about what the safest way to transport the child after surgery will be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC