Honda odyssey

Kel

Hello all! I drive a,12 passenger. We're tossing the idea around of getting an odyssey for a 2 nd vehicle. To drive when I "only" have 5 kids or less with me.

Witch car seats fit nicely In the Odyssey? Convertible and boosters please.

Thanks!

ADS

Kel

Hi! We will be buying something 2011 or newer...I don't know much about the Odyssey, but definitely leaning new as possible.

1 RF convertible. 1 harness seat FF foe a smaller 5 yr old. And 1 hbb booster seat for a leggy almost 7 yr old. And I'd like to keep 1lbb as an emergency for other kids.
Also, do incognito's install well in the Odyssey?

Any other thoughts on the Odyssey? I'm spoiled with a ton of room in my full size van, but I'm thinking something smaller would be nice when I dont have all the kids .

lgenne

With as many kids as you have, I'd say make sure you get an 8 passenger, so you can get 6 kids in the back.

Really, other than the +1, it's a super easy vehicle for car seats.

I know the Harmony Defender works great in the +1 and allows the captain's chairs to tumble for 3rd row access. Whatever convertible you want can go outboard.

Do you want the booster in the 3rd row, so you can access the 3rd row easier?

Kel

Also, would a ff harness seat fit in back with room for a llb or hbb booster beside it?

Would a Diono fit both RF and Ff?

Thanks so much!

lgenne

I've never had a booster in the 3rd row, but it has good belt geometry, removable headrests that don't interfere with installs anyway, and no weirdly shaped seats or exposed hinges. The only exception is that the center shoulder belt originates from the ceiling, which might lead to retraction issues in a HBB.

Dionos work in all outboard positions, FF in the +1, and (with some serious struggle) FF center 3rd row. I haven't tried RF. Not compatible with the +1 RF.

kphil

I have a Recaro booster in the third row of mine, and it works fine. I haven't tried a harnessed seat back there yet, but it seems like it would work. Would just be a matter of whether it made the middle seat too narrow for the person sitting there.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've used the Safety 1st Boost Air, Britax Parkway SG-L, and Maxi-Cosi Ridofix back there. Backless, I've used the Incognito, Bubblebum, Graco Connext, Baby Trend Hybrid backless, Diono Solana. I'd expect most boosters would work there.

Kel

Thank you!
I'm totally new to the Honda Odyssey. I was fully expecting to up grad to an NV. Then it just dawned me that it makes no sense to have 2 full size vans. I'm going to keep the ford for family outing. But I think ill drive the little van daily with just 3-6 kids. I have three teens so they can use the front seat also.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC