Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

ADS

lgenne

Scenera NEXT works RF!

With a caveat: what feels like a solid enough install with an empty car seat turns into an unacceptably loose install with a 20 pound baby in it. Leaning your hips against it and pulling the LATCH strap gets it tight enough pretty easily.

jwilliams

With a caveat: what feels like a solid enough install with an empty car seat turns into an unacceptably loose install with a 20 pound baby in it. Leaning your hips against it and pulling the LATCH strap gets it tight enough pretty easily.
Any chance of pictures? I'd particularly like to see the bottom of the seat from the back.

lgenne

Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430178393.058062.jpg

This is the only one I have right now. It was taken before it was actually tight enough, but it doesn't really look very different now. I'll try to get one from the front seat later.

ETA: that is what you mean, right?

lgenne

There's discussion of it upthread somewhere. You can get a solid install, but it has side overhang, Britax doesn't approve.

kaharris83

And I had the Foonf FF with rigid LATCH and seat belt and it fit great. Hindered my ability to see out the back, but the seat fit. :) I had it next to a RFing Foonf. I had both RFing next to one another with seat belt installs as well for a time.

kaharris83

I installed the Safety First Advance EX on the +1 rear facing last week. I had a few questions I wanted to verify with Dorel about the install so I emailed them and they finally got back to me. After getting their answers I am pretty sure it is indeed compatible with the +1. They don't allow any more than 20% overhang of the base unsupported but I had less than that with my seats in wide mode. I can't get my pictures to upload for some reason though. :(

bnsnyde

Yes, I called them too. It seemed to be OK. But can you tighten and loosen it RF with a kid in it? Mine is too hard and I am curious what others think.

And does Combi Cocorro fit? Just thinking in case we ever put one in the middle there for baby...for easier loading. :)

Last edited:

lgenne

I was never comfortable with the CCO install there, especially since you're can't RF tether there unless you want to give up your console between the front seats.

We have a Scenera NEXT there and I love it.

bnsnyde

I kind of wanted something w/o the continuous harness...not sure if that has it?

Just thinking for when he outgrows infant seat, at any rate. I would love a Britax but the new ones don't fit due to base, I guess.

I bought a Sure Ride and that was dumb. I am reading base does not fit on that seat. Plus it has the short 40" limit, and is thus needlessly huge with a high shell. For FF I like it in back for my 4 YO though!

Last edited:

lgenne

Yeah, it has a continuous harness, which I generally despise. This one is less slidy than others I've tried. It doesn't bug me.

kaharris83

Yes, I called them too. It seemed to be OK. But can you tighten and loosen it RF with a kid in it? Mine is too hard and I am curious what others think.

And does Combi Cocorro fit? Just thinking in case we ever put one in the middle there for baby...for easier loading. :)

I only had my kids in it that day to try it. I didn't have an issue tightening it but again I only played with it for about an hour.

I never had my CCO in my Ody in the middle I don't think...I used it outboard once or twice.

The Foonf fits amazing there. :)

MotoMommaNH

I can't figure out how to install the Foonf RF so it doesn't tilt. Switched it outboard and put DS Defender there.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

Our Fllo is outboard. I didn't try middle.
It tilts a tad outboard but much less now that I used a lock-off. I also locked the belt.

bnsnyde

Our Graco 40 infant seat is in the middle seat. I am getting a snug install with almost no movement at belt path. I recall it taking a lot of effort though.
Carseat Lady suggested moving baby outboard as she could not get a good install in the middle with Graco 40 base.

Anyone else have a Graco 40 base there? I am happy with the install and there is no way I am moving it (toddler has to go outboard and won't climb into middle). If it were moving all around...I'd think of something. But I tugged hard at the belt path, and it hardly moves at all.

It's easier to get a quick, tight install outboard, for sure.

lgenne

Requests? I'm taking my 2013 Ody to a BBB on Sunday looking for RF seats that work in the +1. Planning to at least play with a Fllo (I know it installs and it's heavy, so I probably won't take it out of the store unless I buy it), a Pria if they have one, and a Milestone/4ever, because I'd really like something low profile.

Any others people would like to know about? Bonus if you make me consider something new.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC