HOLY SMOKES, look at this article by a celeb!

ADS

babyherder

Awesome! Hopefully that will help get the word out there and encourage people to actually use carseats correctly! After all, if a celeb does it must be ok.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I figured the article would be written by her when I saw the thread title, because she's the only celebrity tech that I know of, and I haven't seen any other celebrities express a real interest in car seat safety. It's great that she's interested enough to get certified. I remember when she was known as the Doritos girl from the commercials. :)

creideamh

Yeah Perez Hilton has posted about some of her car seat events. I'm glad at least one celeb is doing it right...

TXDani

Senior Community Member
My daughter was named after her....well not really but I loved the name Ali because of Ali Landry and that's why we chose it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was invited to be a tech at the Red CARpet event she's hosting tomorrow, but no can-do :( Two of my friends are going though.

MsFacetious

"At age two when you move to a forward-facing car seat...."

I thought that was awesome... because it implies that you just don't turn them BEFORE they are two.
For the majority of people reading the article... turning at one will be what they planned on.

People looked at me like I had three heads when I suggested rear facing till 2... much less longer.
My family members never even made it to one YEAR rear facing... out of a booster by 4.

So her making it sound like 2 is the norm? That's awesome. She also says "as long as the seat allows."
Definitely better than others! I'll take it!

Baylor

Adorkable said:
Too bad the article makes it sound like you always turn at 2 and that is taking your time!

No. It makes it sound like you don't turn before 2.

auto correct hates me

hedgefun

The only criticism I have is the point where she says to read the labels of the seats and leaves it at that. It's contradictory to the prior points in her article that all kids are not booster ready at 40# and that kids should RF longer. Maybe she was meaning that the labels should be read for installation directions? IDK. I think it would have been better for her to add some clarity around that. This also would have been a good opportunity to discuss best practice vs. manufacturer labeling. :twocents:

ETA: Nope, it says, "7. Check the label: Make sure your car seat is right for your child’s age, weight and height." So yeah, that seems to contradict some of her prior points about not boostering too soon and RF until 2. If we all followed the label we'd be FF at 1 and boostering at 3.

Adorkable

Yeah I guess se of it can be read as better than tons of folks and still could be a lot clearer still. Get what you can I guess?

I overheard a guy working the Carseats in buybuybaby this weekend tell a pregnant mom to buy a seat based on a plan for when she would turn her baby ff in "9months or so" and "a year, if you want to wait for a bit"

I thought I was going to scream. I wrote down the URL to here and jaded it to her and said how it had such great Carseats reviews and good help figuring out what fit in each car. Figuring if I can get her visit the site, her kid will be much safer for it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC