High back booster in 2019 chrysler pacifica

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! Can you give us the age, height and weight of the child you need to seat there? Are you having trouble with the headrest in the vehicle?

Luckycharms1287

Hello! Ideally, I would like to have two in the third row. The headrest is definitely an issue. One is 7 (8 in September) 49.5 inches and 60.6 pounds. I was thinking the Diono Solana 2 for her.

The other is 5 (will be 6 in November). He is currently harnessed in his chicco myfit LE and fine, but looking for a spare HBB to let him get used to it on short trips. He is about 46 inches tall and around 53 pounds

MelodyoftheForest

Double-check your manual, but my 2017 hybrid allows the 3rd row head restraints to be folded down when installing a seat. I didn't have a HBB when playing in a Pacifica before purchase, but a 4Ever in booster mode fit nicely around the folded headrests. I believe the Diono boosters require vehicle support behind the head portion, so they would have to fit with the headrest raised. The middle seat has a less protruding, but lower and adjustable, headrest. If one kid can be in a backless, or you can find just one seat for the side seats, it may be easier to find something to fit in the center.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Solana 2, being backless, would certainly work, if you think your older child is ready for a backless (no slumping when sleepy etc.)

You might look at a booster that allows a gap when using lower anchors and recline for the other, such as the Clek Oobr. It would have to be passenger side to use the lower anchors.

I want to say I've seen a Britax high back work when the head restraint on the Pacifica is folded down, but I would try it in store or buy somewhere with free returns if you give that a try in case it doesn't work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New2kids

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC