high back booster for SN dd

tinytreasures

My dd is 11 weights 72 lbs and is 54 inches tall, 19 inches torso
She is using a nautilus with the seat belt but the belt is not hitting her right. Plus she is about to outgrow it.
She needs a seat with head wings. She has low tone Cp and she rests her head against them most of the time she is in the vehicle.
We drive a 02, 8 passenger montana

Dh got in a accident 2 yrs ago. She was 5 pointed in a nautilus and took the hit on her side of a the van. Dh was going about 20 miles a hour and the other driver turned into him, right where dd sits. (she was talking on the phone heading to jail to see her friend and of course had no insurance) :mad:
DD hit her head on the head wings. I took her right in to the emergency room and her face and neck swelled up. She lost a whole yr. She had to relearn how to smile, talk and even put on her clothes again. We had to hold her back in school and everything. :roll eyes:

Last edited:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would look at the Recaro Vivo. It has great lap belt fit and good head wings. Can you post a pic of her in the Nautilus?

tinytreasures

Fyi-- she always leans to that side

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

christineka

Is that on the top setting? If so, she's about outgrown the seat anyway. You might look into the sk/diono monterey, recaro vivo, or recaro probooster.

tinytreasures

Yes that is why I need to get her a new seat asap.
She had a growth spurt. The wheelchair people said she grew 3 inches in her torso in 6 months. :eek:

Purple would make her day she love the color purple!!!

Kat_Momof3

the two tallest boosters on the market currently are the Britax Frontier and the Britax Parkway SG/SGL

I'd go with one of them (probably the frontier as it's got more room in the seating area)

And you probably already hear this a lot, but your daughter is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad that she wasn't injured worse (big kudos for her having been properly restrained) and that she's made such a good recovery.

tinytreasures

Thank you Kat_Momof3
She is our miracle baby. She was born at 22 weeks and has come so far. Funny back in the day we had to "wait till they hit 20lbs" to turn her around. So she was backwards till she was almost 4. In the infant bucket till she was over 2.

Does it matter which Frontier?

Kat_Momof3

well, they'll both fit her the same, but if you don't have side curtain airbags, I'd get the SICT... they do offer that extra crumple zone like side curtain airbags do. She might actually fit the harness for a whole inch of torso still, if you wanted to harness her (but obviously she does fine in a booster... just offering it up because of the low tone).

and if you go with the parkway, I'd go with the SGL, but not just because of latch... the armrests are different slightly, giving more room in the seating area.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Thank you Kat_Momof3
She is our miracle baby. She was born at 22 weeks and has come so far. Funny back in the day we had to "wait till they hit 20lbs" to turn her around. So she was backwards till she was almost 4. In the infant bucket till she was over 2.

:yeahthatlove: I have a couple of young friends with SN's. Same story - we were soo excited when they finally reached 20 and then 30 lbs.!

Since you are looking at a long term need, I'd also look into a special needs booster.

jessthayer

My daughter has cp and we had insurance buy us a snug seat pilot and it works well and really grows with the child. It is a booster has head wings. Take a look at it online.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
She looks broad, so she would probably fit well in a Monterey. It's the Pilot w/o the positioning harness, I believe. I love the support it has for my (nt) boys.

The Frontier is definitely going to be your tallest bet, though, since you're looking at a long-term need though. 22 weeks! That's amazing, you're so lucky to have her. :love:

christineka

I have debated about a special needs seat but worried about size. We have to fit 5/6 car seats in right now.

The nautilus is already a really wide seat. If you can fit it and buckle it as a booster, then you can fit a lot of seats. The monterey or the pilot (monterey with positioning harness) would definitely fit.

jessthayer

The pilot has a narrow base but the wings adjust out for growth and there is an extender for the seat so when the legs grow longer this can be added and it is more comfortable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC