Question Help with 2013 Ford Explorer

huntressxx

Okay so I have a radian rf for my 2 year old with angle adjuster and a chicco keyfit 30 with base for one month old. It's a 60/40 bench seat in the middle and 2 seats in the back. I need the middle to fold to get an adult in the back. We are doing a trip with 4 adults and 2 car seats... I prefer to have no children in the 3rd row very paranoid of being rear ended.

ADS

bubbaray

I'm confused. So is your question can you install your current seats in the 2nd row and still have adults access the 3rd row? I would recommend that you try your current seats.

Brianna

I would install the Radian outboard on the 60 portion with the seat belt, this allows you to pull the seat closer to the door than with LATCH. If you can't get the 40 part to fold down with the Key fit base in the center then install the KF baseless.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

cso1997

There is no way to put two seats side by side in the second row and have enough room to fold the 40 part down. You will have to install the Radian drivers side outboard on the 60 part. You will then have to either use the Keyfit baseless on the 40 side and load the adults before putting the Keyfit in or take the base out every single time you need to load adults. Access to the 3rd row is very difficult in that vehicle when you have two seats in the second row. Hopefully your adults aren't too tall because they won't be comfortable at all back there for extended periods. I am 5'4 and I can't imagine anyone taller would fit for longer periods. The second row does not adjust forward to give more adult leg room in the 3rd row. Let us know if you have any other questions. I have pretty much tried everything.

macmomma

Install the radian outboard driver side and the keyfit w/o the base on the 40 part that is what I did when I had people to ride in the back. Does the radian fit with the AA?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC