help validate our plans for 17 hour flights with 2 kids

hehateme

Ds1 is 3 years 8 months, 41 inches, 35 lbs
Ds2 is 1 year 3 months old, 30.5 inches, 20 lbs

Flying delta, klm to south Asia

Own radian xtsls, peg perego convertibles.
Looking to buy 2 new travel seats that we can also use in our third car that is not frequently used.

Don't want to take radian and peg because of weight.
Considering buying evenflo maestro for ds1 and evenflo tribute/sure ride or combi coccoro

Planning on taking another flight later this year.

Do these seats make sense?
We will buy some type of carrier that can carry seat and our kids.

Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

jasminegrl

The radian xtsl actually aren't too bad to get around the airports I flew from nothern japan to central Japan, to seattle area then to denver to newark. It was a long trip, I was by myself with a radian and a coccoro but totally doable even with the weight of the radian. The radians fit quite nicely on luggage racks and then you can put your other carry on items on the radians or even strap your kids in if you get high enough quality luggage carts.

oliviacw

Your DS2 is short for his age(unless you meant 34 inches, not 24). If he is really 24 inches you should get quite a lot of use out of a Coccoro - we started using one for my daughter when she hit 30 inches at about a year, and she's still in it rear-facing at nearly 2, with some room left to grow. it's dream to travel with.

When she does outgrow the Coccoro, I'm looking at either a Radian (for the narrowness) or a Guide 65/etc (doesn't weight that much more than a Coccoro, compared to many other seats).

hehateme

Oliviavw,

Thanks for catching my height error. I went back and looked at DS2 1 year physical and he is actually 30.5 inches tall. He still may get a lot of use out of the coccoro.

Coccoro is also going to fit well in my Audi A4 convertible where space can be a issue.

Eclipsepearl

Love the Radian for flying. It fit well on a metal luggage cart and my toddlers could sit in it when too tired to walk. I could roll it down the aisle. I have a bad back and it wasn't difficult at all. I was alone with three children going between Europe and California.

Will you be the only adult traveling? I think a Radian and Coccoro should work. How will you organize it?

hehateme

I will be traveling with my wife on two kids.
I love my radian but we have only used it rf in our current cars. It is a bit heavy and long. Cars in Asia can be tiny. I was hoping to get another seat we can use for travel and our third car.

We called klm and they told is that we can use car seat. There was no mention of reservations.

We plan to buy car seat carriers where our kids can sit in the seat and we push the carts.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC