Help stroller shopping

lovemybabies924

I really enjoy my bugaboo! I have a frog and a cameleon, I'm selling the frog because I bought all the extras for the cam lol, but I like the frog chassis a little better

ADS

Kaylee31

I don't have any more suggestions, but have been watching this thread. Your wish list is very similar to my own. I have a Vista as my car stroller, love the canopy & basket but don't like the bucket seat & hate the wheels & lack of suspension. I'm curious about the Mylo, but there are few reviews. Can you tell me more about yours? I also like the look of the Evo but the canopy seems too skimpy.
I also have been looking for the "perfect " reversible all -terrain. I had a Queen B for a while & loved it except for the non-swiveling wheels. I bought a used Cam to replace it but hate the seat. I wish the footrest was adjustable. The upright position is too upright for my 6 month old, it looks like she's going to launch right out of it. But she struggles to sit up straighter in the middle recline position. Plus it sits too low for my liking and the bumper bar comes up to her forehead. So I just bought a 4Rider Light and am waiting for it to arrive, but from what you & others have said, the handling is not great.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't have any more suggestions, but have been watching this thread. Your wish list is very similar to my own. I have a Vista as my car stroller, love the canopy & basket but don't like the bucket seat & hate the wheels & lack of suspension. I'm curious about the Mylo, but there are few reviews. Can you tell me more about yours? I also like the look of the Evo but the canopy seems too skimpy.
I also have been looking for the "perfect " reversible all -terrain. I had a Queen B for a while & loved it except for the non-swiveling wheels. I bought a used Cam to replace it but hate the seat. I wish the footrest was adjustable. The upright position is too upright for my 6 month old, it looks like she's going to launch right out of it. But she struggles to sit up straighter in the middle recline position. Plus it sits too low for my liking and the bumper bar comes up to her forehead. So I just bought a 4Rider Light and am waiting for it to arrive, but from what you & others have said, the handling is not great.

If you don't like the Vista wheels, you won't like the Mylo wheels. But the Mylo is superior in other ways. The seat rocks, way better than the Vista seat. The handle is covered in leather like material rather than foam, as is the bumper bar (although the new Vista bar has a cover over the foam), the seat material is neoprene like and it's really cushy. The canopy is better than the Vista. The Mylo's basket isn't monstrous like the Vista, but it works for me. The latest Mylo has changed the basket so it's not Toblerone shaped but instead has some access from the top without having to unzip. It holds much more than it looks like it will but you can't throw in larger, awkward things like a soccer ball or large diaper bag. But a diaper bag can easily hang on the handle.

I love how the Mutsy pushes and steers. I just find the wheelbase short so you have to lock the wheels on grass or it's a struggle to push though whereas my Mylo with longer wheelbase, glides through grass without locking the wheels. And the short wheelbase on the Mutsy makes rougher terrain more difficult, not impossible at all though. The air tires on the Mutsy are awesome and the light tires, while not as cushy of a ride, are the best non-air tires I've used. Superior to the Vista tires that's for sure. The handling isn't the reason I'm selling my Mutsy, it's other little things that a picky person like me grumbles about. And that will happen with any stroller for me which is why I've owned so many in the last 6 years. :p

amyd

What did you end up getting, Techno? I'm half in the stroller market myself and I'm always curious about what you end up with since I think our tastes are similar in such items (read: I'm picky too and haven't been happy with a stroller yet:eek:)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If you are looking oversees, how about looking at an emmaljunga? They have both reversible seat and handle models, but they do sit a bit lower to the ground. http://www.emmaljunga.com/english/Prams/Find_your_pram/Ozone-317.html
Now, the newer ones look a bit higher.

I love my Emma. It's almost 10 years old, and Kira still rides in it. We took it to the KC Ren Fest last weekend. No paved walkways at all, and it did great. We took it to the Omaha Zoo in July, and it carried water and snacks for all of us, plus Kira rode whenever she got tired of walking. I'm dreading the day Kira doesn't need a stroller. We'll have to carry all our crap! :eek: LOL Eva has already called "dibs" on the Emma when she has kids.

Not wowed on the looks, but I'll take a look at some of the model's specs and see what I think. They have so many that look almost the same. I'm confused why they need so many models. I hope I discover a compare feature on their web site.

There is a compare feature. I didn't look too hard, but I think you should start with these 5: Cerox 2.0, City Cross, Classic Stroller, Nitro, and Ozone.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Amy, I still haven't bought anything. I like the Teutonia BeYou with reversible seat AND handle. I think the EasyWalker June would be perfect for my Mom's use.

I'm going to go check out some of the Emma models that Ulrike suggested though.

I was using the Mylo today and I really love the seat. I actually like most everything about it, I just wish it had an air tire option.

Oh, and I saw a City Select again today and it's definitely out. It is mammoth sized. It's really long and it's wide. And when used as a single, it always looks like it's missing the 2nd seat due to its size and my eyes immediately go to the spots where the 2nd seat attaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

penguingrooves

quinny buzz 4? not sure if the optional bug net offers UV protection. also, only the two rear tires may be air-filled. basket looks wimpy though.

possibly bumbleride indie, but it has 3 wheels. not sure about UV bug net. good basket.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
quinny buzz 4? not sure if the optional bug net offers UV protection. also, only the two rear tires may be air-filled. basket looks wimpy though.
I've owned the Buzz 3 and sold it. Has a bucket seat, crappy canopy, and sits way too reclined when RF.

possibly bumbleride indie, but it has 3 wheels. not sure about UV bug net. good basket.
Not reversible. And that's one feature I won't give up.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am about to list my Bugaboo for sale and this thread is making me very sad about it :(

MoreLatte

TXDani said:
I am about to list my Bugaboo for sale and this thread is making me very sad about it :(

I'm thinking about listing my BJCS too because I just bought a BOB and I just don't know if I can do it, lol.

amyd

TXDani said:

I wish someone would list a Bug for sale near me. Angie has me wanting one. Or maybe the Mutsy Slider on our local FSOT site. Or maybe I just don't know what I want and I should be happy with the four strollers I already own:eek:

penguingrooves

TechnoGranola said:
I've owned the Buzz 3 and sold it. Has a bucket seat, crappy canopy, and sits way too reclined when RF.

Not reversible. And that's one feature I won't give up.

i'm not too clear on the bucket seat concept. i guess you mean fully reclinable stroller which can be sort of flattened?

my brother has the bumbleride flyer which has reversible handle, and i'm surprised the indie left that out! bummer... (it doesn't have air tires, so don't bother looking it up.)

the mylo is super nice, esp if you like it and pushes well. i don't know if it's worth risking another stroller which can suck in other ways simply for the air tires.

amyd

By no bucket seat, she means she wants a seat that only the back reclines. Not one where the entire seat tips back (like the Buzz or a Bug does).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
amyd said:
Umm, that's mean...

And here I figured no one would notice I posted that! :ROTFLMAO:

amyd said:
By no bucket seat, she means she wants a seat that only the back reclines. Not one where the entire seat tips back (like the Buzz or a Bug does).

:yeahthat:

penguingrooves said:
(i was late with my previous post.) what did you pick? does it cost about the same as a decent used car?

No! You'd only get a super bad used car for this price! I think it's actually one of the cheapest I've looked at! :thumbsup:

amyd

TechnoGranola said:
Did I forget to say what I decided on? Sorry! Silly me! :doh:

You are aware that you're pissing off a pregnant woman, aren't you? :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC