help me shop for a new seat!

Murphy's Law

My mom is the secretary of a school and today came across a 2 year old (will turn 3 in Jan.) in a booster. The child is 40" and 52 pounds. My mom was horrified. Go Mom! :thumbsup: Since I've been thinking about how our Regent is huge in my civic anyway, and at almost 5 my dd is STILL just 36 pounds, so really a Regent just isn't necessary for us. I think I might give it up for this family. (I know their financial situation is not a good one).

Dd will only agree to this if we find her another pretty girly seat - not just pink - she will likely have to have a pattern.

I have been so busy lately and haven't been here much. I am pretty sure there are some new seats out there but am not aware of what they are. I feel so out of touch with the car seat world right now.

I am thinking a combination would be best as I want her primary seat to still be a harnessed one. Is the Nauti our best option? How good of a booster is it? Since we are likely going to donate the Regent, I'd rather not spend a fortune on a new seat if I don't have to. I'm not particularly interested in RF'ing her. She has been FF since about 3 and a half years old and I think I'd get more mileage for my money out of a FF only seat.

Hit me with options if you have them! Thanks!

ADS

Ali

I think a Nautilus would fit your needs just fine. We have both the Frontier and the GN and I love our GN! DD has the butterfly pattern and loves it.

WTG for donating your seat to someone in need :)

romanoma

nauti has pretty covers, frontier not so much, only pink. I have always liked our nauti.

Those are the two main options for FF only seat that goes to a (usable) booster.

You have more cover choices if you consider something like a radian, I love the malibu XT, and there are good deals on the princess RN 80 right now.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Dori!

100_0733.jpg

100_0732.jpg

100_0734.jpg

Murphy's Law

I'm so bummed. I love the Dori pattern best, and the mariposa next. But dd has her heart set on the daisy one though. :rolleyes: But since she's the one who will be sitting in it, she gets to choose. I think I'll be happy to have a little more space in the car once the Regent is out of there.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Nauti isn't the greatest booster, but it's not terrible either. IMO/IME, it's better for bigger kids (like those who have actually outgrown the harness).

Maedze

I think for kids who are tall enough to be unable to fit in the harness, it actually makes a really good high back.

Not for a 30 pound, 38" 3 year old though :rolleyes:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
And it's a really good backless. Most of the kids I've seen who have outgrown the harness by height want to be in a backless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC