Help me find a new stroller!

jordansmom

Current line-up of strollers: Valco trimode with Joey seat and buggy board, Maclaren vogue, and BJCM single.

I just am not finding the BCJM or Maclaren love :duck: I use the Valco for everything! I do want to have a second lighter weight stroller for indoor mall shopping, air travel, etc.

Wants:
Single
Recline
Adjustable leg/foot rest
Awesome sun canopy
Accessible storage
One hand push (negotiable)
Formed seat/not a sling style seat

I do not want a Maclaren. I don't like their push, recline mechanism, or the fact that everyone has one. I had a Chicco C.6 (I think that's what is was called) and didn't like how flimsy and wobbly the wheels were and the lack of canopy coverage. I had a BOB duallie, but didn't need the double anymore. I don't like the height of the BCJM handlebar, I often kick the back where the brake is when walking, and the basket might as well not be there.

I was leaning towards the Cybex Onyx, but now am considering the Callisto as well since that would give me the one handed steering, but is it too much stroller for what I need/want?

What should I look at? Budget would be in the $100 range and I will ideally find something used. Not in a rush to find a deal and would spend up to $200 for the perfect stroller.

Thanks!

ADS

Christie

I have a double bumbleride and if the single is anything like the double, I'd vouch for it.

Might be a bit pricey unless you don't mind used. My double was used but in perfect shape.

The canopies are wonderful and it pushes with one finger (the double, that is). The brake is easy to use, too. I wear flip flops constantly and push my stroller. No issues with toes or forcing things to "go".

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

jordansmom

I have a double bumbleride and if the single is anything like the double, I'd vouch for it.

Might be a bit pricey unless you don't mind used. My double was used but in perfect shape.

The canopies are wonderful and it pushes with one finger (the double, that is). The brake is easy to use, too. I wear flip flops constantly and push my stroller. No issues with toes or forcing things to "go".

I'd consider the Bumbleride Flyer, but don't need something like the Indie...funny because I actually considered that before going with the Valco back when I was pregnant with DS1! I should have specified I would like 4 wheels. Toss up between an umbrella style fold or just an "easy fold".

Thanks! Any other ideas?

legaleagle

I have a Callisto and love it but is has the same non existent basket as any umbrella fold stroller. Not tippy at all, due to the 19lb weight. Since you want to stay under $200, i think the onyx would be a good choice, they seem to turn up around $160 new fairly frequently on zulily. I would suggest the valco snap which has everything you want but the adjustable leg rest but if the BJCM is too low, the snap definitely will be.

kaharris83

I love my G-Luxe. I have stroller hooks and Skip Hop saddle bags on it for storage. I don't like Mac pushes and hated the Cybexes when I tried them. The G-Luxe has a great canopy and my DS1 is very comfortable in it. The 2013 has some cosmetic changes so I'm not sure if the 2012 will be on sale anywhere when it comes out.

attachedmama

I love my G-Luxe. I have stroller hooks and Skip Hop saddle bags on it for storage. I don't like Mac pushes and hated the Cybexes when I tried them. The G-Luxe has a great canopy and my DS1 is very comfortable in it. The 2013 has some cosmetic changes so I'm not sure if the 2012 will be on sale anywhere when it comes out.

I'm with you- I love my G-luxe. Self standing, huge uv canopy, decent recline- not flat but almost- great height for me- I'm 5 11 and couldn't push the Chicco small stroller- forget what it's called... Integrated carry strap, one hand fold, super light. Cute colors and the seat cushion is washable. I wish the Vista wasn't so expensive- it would be my heavy duty!

Christie

Bumbleride does have other strollers than the indie..... Can't remember their names off the top of my head, though.

jordansmom

Okay, so far I've got the Cybex Onyx, Cybex Callisto, Uppababy G-Luxe (had thought of this one previously too!), and Bumbleride Flyer...any other suggestions?

Anyone recently pushed/used the Onyx and the G-Luxe? I remember trying them both out with my then 2.5 yr. old, but can't remember pros/cons between the two. Then again I also had a newborn, so I'll just blame it on baby brain!

ebp913

I would also consider the Valco Snap or Zee. Snap is going to be more lightweight and I've read some fantastic reviews recently from moms who love it. The Zee is a bit more full featured option. I don't have experience with the Gluxe but I personally would do the Snap over the Gluxe because of the basket. I hate having no usable basket!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I had the Valco as well (twin) and I LOVED it). I downsized and got the Valco Quad because I was so happy with our first Valco and dont regret it. It's not a small stroller, though it is definitely smaller then what you are used to. But I still consider it a full feature stroller. The red (cherry) is on sale on Amazon for $200.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Valco-Baby-Stroller-Quad-Cherry/dp/B003M0SCWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355578463&sr=8-2&keywords=valco+quad"]Amazon.com: Valco Baby Stroller Quad Cherry: Baby[/ame]

380229_4155481089357_311656167_n.jpg

Tall seat with plenty of head room under the canopy. DS is 4.5 here.
400320_3123920780994_442188937_n.jpg

Expandable canopy.
398122_3123919460961_1657894356_n.jpg

Our other stroller is a P3 (we are on our 3rd we like it so well...and that's cause I end up selling it and regretting it and rebuying LOL) You can find those used for under $100 all day long it seams.

jordansmom

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions! I've narrowed it down to Cybex Callisto, Cybex Onyx, Valco Zee and Inglesina Avio. The Avio is my top choice! As you can see, I've thrown the budget out the window! I've decided I want a "lightweight" plus stroller as I've see they are commonly referred as...now I'm on the hunt for the best deal and that's where I'm looking for some help again! Not opposed to used, so feel free to check your local craigslist and spam me with the deals you can find! Thanks!:D:D

Kaylee31

I love my Avio, one of my favorite strollers ever (and I've had many, lol). The push & fold is great. If it was reversible, it would be perfect IMO. There is a stroller swappers facebook group, and 2 were for sale recently for $200 shipped...which is a steal considering what they cost new.

jordansmom

I love my Avio, one of my favorite strollers ever (and I've had many, lol). The push & fold is great. If it was reversible, it would be perfect IMO. There is a stroller swappers facebook group, and 2 were for sale recently for $200 shipped...which is a steal considering what they cost new.

Yup, definitely my first choice and I'm pretty sure I will be getting one this week...keeping my fingers crossed! Will post back once the deal goes through! Thank you and it is so good to hear from a "real mom" that they love their Avio since I haven't even gotten a chance to test drive one in real life. On paper and youtube it seems like exactly what I am looking for!

Celeste

We have 2 Inglesina Zippy's! (a 2006 and a 2010) LOVE THEM! I am SURE you will love your Avio just as much!!! They fold great and have every feature you can want!! Very well made!! Enjoy!

jordansmom

My new stroller arrived yesterday. I bought it "used" off ebay, but from all the pictures it looked like it wasn't put together yet, so I took a chance. And I'm sooooo happy...it arrived with an amazon.com return sticker on it, in the original box and never unwrapped from it's packaging!

It was a breeze to put together (some other reviews complained the picture tutorials were difficult to follow, but I didn't find this at all) and I've had both my 14 month old and 3.5 year old in it around the house. I really, really like it! The only thing I'm having a problem with is the fold...its so easy, but I can't do it one handed and get it to automatically lock. Not sure if it's user error or what. Oh, and the cupholder will only hold a store bought water bottle. Bummer on that one.

The recline is awesome as is the fabric and all of the finishings. Love the bumper bar as does the baby. ODS prefers it off. Both boys fit great in the seat with room to grow. Basket is large and very easy to access from the sides and front. The hood has great coverage! Came with rain cover and carrycot adapters.

Will post back with pictures another time!

Christie

My new stroller arrived yesterday. I bought it "used" off ebay, but from all the pictures it looked like it wasn't put together yet, so I took a chance. And I'm sooooo happy...it arrived with an amazon.com return sticker on it, in the original box and never unwrapped from it's packaging!

It was a breeze to put together (some other reviews complained the picture tutorials were difficult to follow, but I didn't find this at all) and I've had both my 14 month old and 3.5 year old in it around the house. I really, really like it! The only thing I'm having a problem with is the fold...its so easy, but I can't do it one handed and get it to automatically lock. Not sure if it's user error or what. Oh, and the cupholder will only hold a store bought water bottle. Bummer on that one.

The recline is awesome as is the fabric and all of the finishings. Love the bumper bar as does the baby. ODS prefers it off. Both boys fit great in the seat with room to grow. Basket is large and very easy to access from the sides and front. The hood has great coverage! Came with rain cover and carrycot adapters.

Will post back with pictures another time!

Yaay!!! Soo glad you love it! You'll figure out the fold, I'm sure. Just give it some time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC