Headwise with unwilling subject

ADS

arly1983

I felt the same way. I wanted to hate it because I want to be done buying harness seats but I really like it. Well, for the past couple of days I have really liked it. :D We shall see how I like it long term.

Kobain's Mommy

It felt lighter than the my ride to me. I'm going back this afternoon and will try to get comparison pictures of it and the my ride.

The headrest is thicker than the my size Tru here has. On the site I thought I'd hate this color but I do love it. I will put ds and dd in it. I want to see how much growing room ds has. The pictures also crotch strap isn't moved so he'd have more room if I did. And it still has the infant padding in.

tiggercat

Are you just showing growth room with the headrest positioned as high as it can go, or is that the correctly adjusted height for him?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

How adorable. Unhappy or not! I like the looks of this seat. I am considering buying a convertible for a friend. Let me know how you like it. :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
How does it differ from the S4M? I bought 2 S4M for my dd's babies and they are only "OK". I sure wouldn't pay $200 for them like this seat is.

Kobain's Mommy

It was set at his right height. Didn't get to play much since he was crabby and my mom was in a hurry. It's like a s4m but thicker head rests.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Does this have any comfort padding or foam under the pad? Besides the infant pad? Because the S4M has zero padding under the bum once you take out the infant insert. I was bummed how uncushy it was. I guess I'm spoiled by Britax and SKJP in that regard.

tiggercat

It was set at his right height. Didn't get to play much since he was crabby and my mom was in a hurry. It's like a s4m but thicker head rests.

The headrest doesn't look like it is surrounding his head or do anything in a SIP? *scratches head*

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The headrest is probably deeper than it looks....? And higher can be better, allows for the body riding up or bouncing back in a crash, better for whiplash, etc.

Kobain's Mommy

Now that I'm on a computer I can add the pictures comparing it to a MR.

The MR is a lot wider
BD07580B-BA6C-4615-BAF5-58788FC6B7F1-9559-000016DCEC04DEC6.jpg

He's sitting on the MR infant padding.
F4EBDC13-2FB8-48E7-B500-3746C67306AE-9559-000016DCC4BC9BC1.jpg

kidzndogz

I looked at it too. There is no padding or EPS foam anywhere on the seat but the headrest. And the safety surround is nothing but a label and an extra like, eighth of an inch of fabric padding. Lol. I don't get it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I looked at it too. There is no padding or EPS foam anywhere on the seat but the headrest. And the safety surround is nothing but a label and an extra like, eighth of an inch of fabric padding. Lol. I don't get it.

There is just no pleasing you, woman :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC