HBB compatible with outboard 2nd row Ody

mommabritt

Hello, we are new odyssey owners and still learning what works and what doesn't. The only hbb we own is a parkway sg and the seatbelt doesn't slide freely in the guide and bunched up really bad and is a concern to me. Fit is great if the belt is out of the guide but not sure that's ok... The parkway sg is currently our 8 year olds seat for trips. I planned to use it for our youngest daughter but after having to put her in it yesterday after she had an accident in her frontier85, I didn't like the belt in the guide at all! We're probably about a year from boostering her fulltime (she'll start training in dh car) so wondering what the options are. Would like a LATCHable booster only please and will be used for a small/average sized kid. She is currently 41 pounds, 42 inches tall and will be five next month.

I cannot find pictures anywhere of a hbb in the outboard seats....can you guys help a mama out? :) Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We have used a Maxi-Cosi Rodifix there with good results. (13)

In our 02 and 05 we never had problems with any booster there. I haven't tried any others in the new one.

U

Unregistered

We have a 13 Odyssey and we have both our 5 and 7 year olds in Graco Affix high back boosters. They work great for us!

bnsnyde

Ours is the same though the 2011 model year. We have a Clek backless there because a highback would require rethreading seatbelt each time kids get out of the third row. But we've had 6 seats usually.

The Clek backless for our 6 YO is rock solid because it latches in AND you can still push the seat down to let the third row out, amazing! I see you want a highback though and I see some good choices above.
The belt is kind of not so great. I can see how it would not glide well for many seats in that spot.

mommabritt

Thanks for the advice! Backless options are great too, and I love the affix, I want it in pink for dd later.

I did learn that he parkway does much better and the belt glides easily if I click the vehicle seat back one notch.

equilibrium

Ours is the same though the 2011 model year. We have a Clek backless there because a highback would require rethreading seatbelt each time kids get out of the third row. But we've had 6 seats usually.

The Clek backless for our 6 YO is rock solid because it latches in AND you can still push the seat down to let the third row out, amazing! I see you want a highback though and I see some good choices above.
The belt is kind of not so great. I can see how it would not glide well for many seats in that spot.

I would love to see pics if you have a chance! (Clek in there, or with seat pushed down) and maybe the belt fit..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I only found one unbuckled, goofy eyed pic in the Rodifix. It has a closed belt guide so it doesn't get caught.

She's doing ok in the SG-L back there now though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC