Have a stroller you love??

mominabigtruck

I have a graco quattro tour that I love but the problem is being that I don't go out alot I don't get alot of use out of it and it takes up the majority of my trunk. I'm contemplating trading my car in for a full sized 4door truck so I still need a stroller as my baby is only 13months but I need something that will fit in the back with two gigantic carseats. I was looking at the maclarens online, I've never seen one IRL, but they seem really expensive for what looks to me a nice umbrella stroller. I definitely don't want an umbrella stroller, I do a lot of garage saleing which is where I get the most of my use out of my stroller, so I want something that can handle rougher terrain but still reclines and does all the extra fancy stuff. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, and I live in the boonies, the closest bru is an hour away so nothing too fancy.

ADS

lovinwaves

Oooo that's a toughy. What exactly is your price range? Would you consider a used one?

I have a Peg-Perego P3 that I love, but it doesn't handle any kind of offroading. It would work fine though for sidewalks and concrete. I love it because it it a full size stroller but it folds up very compactly and it very light.

The Maclaren may be $200 new, BUT you can find a used one.

Both of my strollers are used. I paid $95(before shipping costs), and $60 for my Maclaren. My son is 14mths old and fits perfect in both of them.

You aren't going to get very big baskets in neither like your Quattro though :(

didymama

i say maclaren. i have a quest and there isn't much it can't handle. reclines enough for my 6wo and fits my big 3 yo. steers one handed like a dream. i would skip the triumph and go a little bigger. the volo is also good though-doesn't recline. the quest is a fixture in my car!

LuvBug

definitely maclaren! I just got a vogue(now the techno classic) for a great price through the yahoo group strollerswap. There are 2-3 other on there including one that is brand new all for around 100 give or take $10. You can find some good ones on there or on ebay.
Ive only used it twice and am already in LURVE! with it!!! They fold up umbrella style, so they are very compact, but they are FAR from your regular umbrella stroller. They do not have a big basket like the graco, but I dont think you will find a stroller that will fit in the floorboard that will have a big basket.
Mine has the basket as well as 2 good sized pockets on the hood, so it can store almost as much. The hood on mine comes down real low in the back, not sure about the others... but we went to old navy the other day with it and was able to put everything we wanted either in the basket or down the back between the seat and the hood.
I can try to take some pictures if you would like.

Also with a truck, since there is no trunk, you need to be very ccareful about projectiles. Even the in the floorboard it needs to be secured incase of a rollover.

Oh and if you have a TJ Maxx or ROSS(or similar store) check the baby department and ask the staff if they have any strollers. Mine had the Quest for 99 and the Peg A3 for 199(bigger than the quattro though).

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I love the Maclaren Quest and Techno.

When I was a nanny, I loved the Peg Perego Pliko Matic and Pliko Sherpa. I also liked the Ingelsina Swift (??? I think that was the name ???).

None of the above strollers have great baskets, though.

A friend of mine recently bought the BOB Revolution and I love it!! I have only pushed it a few times, but it is super nice! It is big, though.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ditto on the Maclaren Quest. It folds up compactly, turns on a dime, and has a 55 lb. weight limit. It's tall enough my 5 year old can ride in it without being too tall for the canopy, lol, but I got one mainly for my younger DD to ride in, in a girly pink fleur pattern. You may be able to find a reduced 2006 model online through Albee/Specialty Baby or other online stores. I bought mine from a gray market seller on Ebay named "maxoty" several months ago, so mine isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Knock on wood I won't need the warranty since the stroller seems so solidly built.

twokidstwodogs

I have a Maclaren Triumph and adore it. We've had it since DD#2 was six months old, and it's really the only stroller we ever use. It has a few more features than the Volo (more recline, fabric rather than mesh), but otherwise is pretty similar. In retrospect, I might have gotten a Quest, but I do love how light and portable the Triumph is. I've put DD#1 in it a few times just to see how well it works with a 45 lb kid, and was really impressed. Most strollers struggle under the weight of a kid that size, but the Maclaren was just fine.

Once you push a Maclaren around for a while, other strollers seem clunky by comparison. I think of them as the stroller version of Britax!

Edited to add: Another plus is that my 6'2" long-legged husband can push it without accidentally kicking the back of it as he walks, like he used to do with our old Combi Ultrasavvy. But I'm also fine with it at 5'2".

Last edited:

LuvBug

oh yeah I forgot to add, DS is nearly 40lbs fully clothed right now and is about 41". It pushes like he weighs 20lbs!!!! And I can push it 1 handed. The handles are tall too! I think the higher up in model you go the higher the handles because they are much taller than the vogue, triumph, or quest I tried(by a few inches). Im tall so I need all the extra height I can get.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC