Question Harmony Dreamtime booster width

kidrepair

I have been looking for a booster to do a 3 across for 2 upcoming trips. I wish I would have just ordered another Cruz since they're almost all gone but ordered the Incognito instead. Both big girls,dd is 10 and (not sure what to call her,we're not fostering her but have recently gotten full custody of her)11y old.

Too late to order a Cruz but Target has a Dreamtime in stock and it looks narrowish.Does anyone know how the rear of the backless portion measures compared to the Cruz or Youth? We're leaving Friday so any quick replies are appreciated,thanks.

ADS

momtoo3

I had one for a day to try in a three across. It was hard to buckle but not really wide. It would have been too narrow in the seating area for my 9 year old. I felt like it was comparable to a turbo but didn't actually compare them.

My favorite 3 across booster is the cosco hirise/ ambassador. It is narrow at the back and easy to buckle but wide enough that it fits my ds well. I'm not sure if you are looking for a hbb or nbb though. I know kmart carries it in store.

kidrepair

Thanks guys. I have an 04 Sienna and 3rd row passenger is a Graco SS for my 7.5 y old,passenger is a Cruz fir 10 y old. Was wiorking great until we got custody of an 11y old who is 55" and 85lbs and definitely needs a boost. We've been using the Harmony Youth but she complains that it digs in her thighs. I ordered the Incognito but both girls hated it. I wish I would have just ordered another Cruz but now it!s too late,we're leaving

kidrepair

I had one for a day to try in a three across. It was hard to buckle but not really wide. It would have been too narrow in the seating area for my 9 year old. I felt like it was comparable to a turbo but didn't actually compare them. My favorite 3 across booster is the cosco hirise/ ambassador. It is narrow at the back and easy to buckle but wide enough that it fits my ds well. I'm not sure if you are looking for a hbb or nbb though. I know kmart carries it in store.

We used to have one but it expired,hmm wonder if it would work in the center. Tried a Topside but it has the same stats as the Youth and she would never remember the funky belt routing rule.

Keeanh

I have a Dreamtime. It's narrow all over, and the way the seat is shaped makes it very narrow in the bum. My 85lb 11yo boy can't sit in it. My 70lb almost-10yo finds it uncomfortable. And the back is even shorter than the Turbo. It does have nice headwings for sleeping. It is very deep in the seat, so better for long legs.

It's a great seat for a rather small niche. Basically, you need long-legged skinny kids, and it's better if you're able to pass it down because it's not the last booster you'll need. I have it for my short-torsoed, long-legged 6yo to use highback, and for either her or 8yo to use backless in tight spots.

kidrepair

Can you try to rearrange seating? Maybe there is a position she 5 steps in.

DD3 stil needs a highback because she still falls asleep iften. Her Graco SS is too wide for the middle. I'm not opposed to putting her in the middle in a thinner highback and K might 5 step in 3rd row passenger side then.I need a highback Literider/Youth,lol.

The Cruz works there,I was wondering about the Harmony v6,isn't that one shaped just like the Cruz?

rfk

Harmony V6 just arrived from Amazon today (vendors seemed to be out of stock recently; DoM was May 2014, so perhaps they're stocking up again now?).

Its very narrow, even more so than our Recaro Start. Plan is to use the Start up to its max of 80 lbs (mainly due to its tether strap, rare on a booster), then switch to the V6 up to its max of 110 lbs. This is for a center seat on a Volvo, between two Diono Radians.

kidrepair

Harmony V6 just arrived from Amazon today (vendors seemed to be out of stock recently; DoM was May 2014, so perhaps they're stocking up again now?). Its very narrow, even more so than our Recaro Start. Plan is to use the Start up to its max of 80 lbs (mainly due to its tether strap, rare on a booster), then switch to the V6 up to its max of 110 lbs. This is for a center seat on a Volvo, between two Diono Radians.
How many days did it take?My oldest was 81 lbs at 13 and 103 lbs at 15,no way would she have maxed out either of thise seats.

Last edited:

kidrepair

Just ordered the V6,with a trial period of Amazon prime I got free 2 day shipping,it should be here Friday. Crossing fingers it works.

rfk

Ordered Sunday night, arrived Tuesday. And that's without Prime. But we seem to live in a good place for Amazon distro - No. VA - its always fast.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC