Question Great thread on what to do for/before/during tech class

tam_shops

There was a great thread, or two I remember reading about what to do for/before/during your tech class written probably last year, but now I can't find it. I searched (here) back 40 pages and the Search feature (all the pages) and even google, but can't find anything....

Anyone remember who started it and/or when you took your class that it was written? Might help me find it!

There was also either on the same thread, or a different one some information on some silly trick questions on the test, though not sure if that was here or chat b/c one of the answers was to put a LO in the front seat and we can't (legally) do that here b/c we require a top tether. Wanted to read that and the discussion about what is *right* and what is *safest*, as it seems to me the safest was the 3yo up front, but it wasn't right. Though, here the only legal answer would be booster kid up front w/ no air bags...And, now it's just bugging me! LOL

tam

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think you're thinking of the US test perhaps? There are no questions inferring to put a child in the front seat on the Canadian exam.

Worrying about the test now won't do anything but make you nervous. Wait to learn the stuff, then study and you'll do fine on the test, lol. yes there are some trick questions, but not enough that they could cause you to fail the test.

tam_shops

Thanks Trudy, not worried about the written test at all, remember reading it and thinking how dumb it was and then I was bored at work and starting looking for it and then it started to bug me. I always use multiple choice tests in my classroom, but I really hate taking them! LOL As for the answer, I'd never put (or suggest anyone puts) a child in the front seat, that'd be a parental decision I'd want nothing to do with and I'd be inclined to write that as the answer...

I am concerned about having the strength to install a seat tightly enough b/c I can't, but I can direct my dh to do it and he has *no* idea what's he's doing (still) and can't even figure out which end (or which belt) to pull on to tighten things. Our oldest is 6yo and I'm at the point of eye rolling now when I ask him to do it! LOL At any rate, we've discussed size/strength and skill and Nicole's not and she's teaching the class, she's not worried, so she must have a trick up her sleeve!

At any rate, I was more interested in the long thread that was up awhile ago about what to wear, bring, do for a check that was great. A change of clothes and perhaps some band aids (things I'd never have thought of and would kick myself if I pulled them from my car when getting it ready to practice in) were on the list. Not sure if it was the same thread w/ the lady that put her knee in some brown liquid while installing a seat, or that was another. YUCK!

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC