Gracos at BRU....Finally back!

Pixels

Evenflo did use the same buckle for a while. I think they have changed over now.

If you do have or get an Evenflo with that buckle, they will replace it. All you have to do is call. They sent mine second day air mail.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Another update... The vendor/sign lady came again today to put new buckles in our floor models and in the old seats that needed buckles replaced. I got to help her, she was very thorough, I was impressed she made sure every detail was correct :thumbsup: Plus, she saved me the old buckles to bring home to add to my 'gonna find a craft project for these someday' pile :D

Butttt... it was literally not possible to change the harness on the SmartSeat. We just put it in the 'send it back to the manufacturer' pile. And all our new My Size 70's in Odyssey (Green and black) keep ringing up as Do Not Sell, even though they are WAY beyond the recall date. It's just a nightmare, she had to order more replacement stickers for them, which is a pain. AND... all the My Size 65's (the newer ones, since anything over 70 pounds must be tested with the 10 year old dummy, 65 can be tested with the weighted 6 year old dummy, so they just are labeling down the same seat, not that it matters, it won't fit most kids heightwise past 55 or so pounds, anyway), are coming in, in almost the same colors, but not on the same sale...we just have Gracos all over the store :p (And since I love my job, they assign me way more than I can do, so I'm supposed to print a pile of new signs, but don't have time, so our department looks terrible, but that's a whole 'nother vent, lol).

sherimoneill

I'm a bit out of the loop, so sorry if it was addressed before, but why couldn't the buckle on the smart seat be replaced? I thought it came out but the rest of the harness was contained. Or were you trying to replace the whole harness and if so why?
I only ask bc I have one and I've been having issues with my harness, not the buckle.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm a bit out of the loop, so sorry if it was addressed before, but why couldn't the buckle on the smart seat be replaced? I thought it came out but the rest of the harness was contained. Or were you trying to replace the whole harness and if so why?
I only ask bc I have one and I've been having issues with my harness, not the buckle.

Well, hah, here are the instructions, it would have helped if we'd had these in that darkish, cold, back room where we were working! http://www.gracobaby.com/Assets/pdfs/Recalls/PD272023A-SmartSeat.pdf
I tried to pry that back panel off, but I didn't try really very hard (we won't be carrying the seat at our store anymore, so I was like, out of patience with it, when it's easy for me to put it on a pallet and they can take it back to the vendor, I don't have as much patience with a seat as when it's my own...). But without knowing the panel moves, you can't get to the splitter plate to unhook the harness so you can slide the old buckle tongues off and the new ones on.

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC