Graco toddler safeseat step 2?

U

Unregistered

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=28401&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0e0a84c&ProdSeq=8&Cat=car+seats&Dep=&PCat=&PCatID=28388&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=12&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=28388&RefDeptID=327&CmCatId=327|28388|28401

Is this it? the safeseat step 2?

ADS

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
The link didnt work for me (but my computers all screwed up) but i did find a seat on JC Penny's site that i hadnt seen before so i'm guessing thats it.

It claims to go from 20 to 40 pounds FFing no RFing. I dont know if thats correct though (target has the safe seat as from 5 to 22 pounds so i dont know how trustworthy jc penny's is.)

Is does look alot like the maxi cosi prioi (sp!)

scatterbunny

The Target Safe Seat is the Step 1 Safe Seat. This is the Step 2 Safe Seat, it looks like!

I love the looks of it, but I want to know how tall the harness slots are.

I also can't get to any actual spec page for ANY of the carseats--it keeps redirecting me to the JC Penney default page. :(

scatterbunny

I went about it a different way and managed to see the right page...let's see if it works when it make it a tinyurl...

http://tinyurl.com/7ttmk

JCP's prices sure are high--$180 for a SnugRide2, $219 for the Safe Seat Step 2! I can see the $220 for the Safe Seat 1, since it's an infant seat that lasts so long...but $180 for a SnugRide 2?? $220 for a seat that is only forward-facing, 20-40 pounds?

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
i keep forgetting they're calling them all the safeseat. (didnt fisher price call all of their seats the same thing too?)

i expected this seat to be rather affordable, i mean its graco, graco is generally rather cheap. I dont under stand why a parent would buy a 200 dollar seat that FF only (and according to that site only to 40 pounds :( ) I didnt see it say it could convert to a booster either, so this seat would be a replacement seat that would need to be replaced.

*sarcasm* way to go graco! *sarcasm*

scatterbunny

Wow, JCP wants $90 more than BRU for the same exact seat? CRAZY!

Dreaming, I'm with you. That price is insane for a FF-only, 20-40 pound seat.

M

missyprissy1982

Walmart.com has the infant Safeseat for $127... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...1366&type=1&dept=5427&path=0:5427:91365:91366

I'm thinking JCPenney's must be overpriced... Even with the fancy footmuff (who uses those things anyway? On a stroller, I could see, but on a carseat?), $219 is ridiculous.

I haven't found the toddler safeseat anywhere else yet... I'll be on the hunt tomorrow... You won't catch me buying one (Britax is sending me an MA to replace my recall-broken SE! yay!), but I still want to see it, and see a better price tag for it.

Melissa

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

Wasn't step 2 supposed to go to 50lbs or so? I thought that was the whole point...rear facing longer, then harnessed longer!?

Grrrrr...and ya, there is NO way I would pay that much for any Graco seat, absolutely no way. Not when you can get a Marathon or Husky for the same price!

Kellyr2

Yeah, I thought this was the one Graco was going to release that harnessed past 40 lbs too! Does anyone know - are they just not releasing one, or is there still another one to come?

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
the limits could be a typo. Whom ever entered the info may have saw the 50 pounds and wrote 40 b/c *all* seats got to 40 pounds not 50.

Sort of like target has the step 1 from 5 to 22 pound. Its just a mistake that some careless webmaster imputed wrong.

U

Unregistered

one of the seat specs was...
Two-piece chest clip visually indicates proper positioning on child

How does that work? I looked at the larger image and it looks like a regular chest clip...

uccomama

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
one of the seat specs was...
Two-piece chest clip visually indicates proper positioning on child

How does that work? I looked at the larger image and it looks like a regular chest clip...

It might be like the SafeGuard which has "adjust to armpit level" printed in yellow on the chest clip.

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

The chest clip has a little picture that shows the chest clip at armpit level, at least that's what the Safe Seat has.

Someone on another board saw the Graco book in a store and it also says that this seat only goes to 40lbs.

Grr again.

Dillipop

The difference in price on the infant safeseats probably have to do with padding. THe $130 ROxy print has a much thinner cover, causing you to feel the seat under the seating area. The same is true of the one at Walmart. THe $150 one at BRU has a much thicker cover which you cannot feel the plastic under the seating area. This may be the cause of the more expensive JCPenney ones. Or they could just be over priced. In Graco products, you do pay for the extra padding.

Longhorn Lady

uccomama said:
It might be like the SafeGuard which has "adjust to armpit level" printed in yellow on the chest clip.

Wow, I didn't know that! Good stuff :)

I did see the picture on the SafeSeat chest clip and was impressed, although, for someone who doesn't know where it goes in the first place, I didn't think it was noticeable enough.

But that's awesome that the SafeGuard explicitly SAYS IT :p

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I've seen the chest clip on the infant seat and i think the picture doesnt help the problem with "belly clips" (i think if we start telling ppl to put them down they may start putting them up just despite us. :) )

Is the roxy pattern's cover awful, its the one i liked but havent found in store. I think i'm going to start looking for the legacy print its sort of blue plaid that i like and looks cushier (i really wish they would put some sort of label for the different padding levels like the cargo has with the platinum, ultra, and treasured lines it just makes things easier!)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
the limits could be a typo. Whom ever entered the info may have saw the 50 pounds and wrote 40 b/c *all* seats got to 40 pounds not 50.

Sort of like target has the step 1 from 5 to 22 pound. Its just a mistake that some careless webmaster imputed wrong.

It is possible that JC Penney typed it in wrong, but Graco's viewbook for 2006 (which comes directly from Graco, I am assuming!) ALSO says 20-40 pounds forward facing for the Safe Seat 2.

I am guessing that the seat is in fact only to be used until 40 pounds.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I double-checked the Graco Viewbook for 2006 and it very clearly says 20 to 40 pounds. I guess all the hype before the seat came out was wrong. :rolleyes: It is only to 40 pounds...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC