Graco Redy2Grow double stroller?

nosidammai

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VM63X0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_g75_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0C1ABT8RPB11MEQS0KBK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Graco Ready2Grow[/ame]

Does anyone work at a BRU or live close to one and seen this stroller yet?? The closest BRU is 40 minutes from me so I can't just go up there, lol. I'm really interested in getting it once they start their trade in event but I'm not sure. Has anyone seen/played with it? I used to have a Contours options tandem and it was terrible. It was so heavy and bulky it sat in the living room for 2 months until I sold it. This one looks much shorter, and narrower, and I really like that the back seat is up high and faces the parent, so I can use it for my 3 month old since it doesn't accept a Chicco seat. I looked at it yesterday but I didn't have time to really inspect it. It seems really nice, and has big canopies, but I don't know how light weight it is, or how small it folds.
Anyone have any insight? It's right in our price range.

ADS

Aurezalia

You know, now that I think about it, pretty sure someone came into the store today with this stroller. It looked very lightweight! And the second seat was very interesting (which is why I remember it!) and they had a younger baby in there as well.
Hopefully the BRU I'm going to has it, I'll go ahead and fold it and take a few pictures. Maybe even put the babies in it and push it around a bit. :)

nosidammai

I really appreciate it! Kids in it would be even better! How old are they? My DD is 19 months and DS is 2 going on 3 months. He'll be in the back. I like how the back faces me, but it can also come off and it's a sit-n-stand :)

Aurezalia

Aaaah, sorry! I took a few pictures and even uploaded them to PB but forgot to post them for you. :eek:

So here it is folded. It was HUGE. HUGE. I was slightly in shock that it didn't fold smaller.
2012-01-24_13-07-11_953.jpg

With the BJCMD in the background for size comparison:
2012-01-24_13-07-17_496.jpg

I swear it's almost as big as the unfolded BJCMD. :p

The push wasn't bad, it is nice and lightweight. I don't know if it was because it was an abused display model, or if it IS something with the seat, but you do sort of have to mess with the second backward-facing seat when folding and unfolding to get it positioned right, which was a little bit of a PITB.

Spam

I played with one last week, but didn't have a camera with me. I actually really liked it. It pushed, steered easy with my 48lber in the front and 27lber in the rear seat. The fold was huge, probably the biggest downfall of it. I had to mess with the canpoies to get it to fold, but would probably get used to it after awhile. I'm actually considering selling my baby jogger city select and buying one of these instead. I like that E can face me while T looks out and I could still recline T's seat if he fell asleep, something I can't do in the city select. I really liked the options it gives of sit n stand and double, my three are close in age, but my older one doesn't usually ride, but could if he wanted to.

nosidammai

Aaaah, sorry! I took a few pictures and even uploaded them to PB but forgot to post them for you. :eek:

So here it is folded. It was HUGE. HUGE. I was slightly in shock that it didn't fold smaller.

With the BJCMD in the background for size comparison:

I swear it's almost as big as the unfolded BJCMD. :p

The push wasn't bad, it is nice and lightweight. I don't know if it was because it was an abused display model, or if it IS something with the seat, but you do sort of have to mess with the second backward-facing seat when folding and unfolding to get it positioned right, which was a little bit of a PITB.
Thank you! That IS pretty big folded but I think I could get over it :p

Derby

I just bought one today. It was kind of an impulse buy (but I did use the trade-in coupon so at least I didn't pay full price). I haven't used it yet in the real world but I think I will love it. I love that it has a canopy in the back for the bench rider or stander and that you can flip up the bench to access the basket. It does fold up huge but I have a minivan so not an issue for me. I have an almost 4 year old and an 8 month old. I used to have a Joovy Caboose (sold it to buy this one) and that thing was like steering a tractor trailer. The Graco is so much nicer.

mom2kandm

I just bought one today. It was kind of an impulse buy (but I did use the trade-in coupon so at least I didn't pay full price). I haven't used it yet in the real world but I think I will love it. I love that it has a canopy in the back for the bench rider or stander and that you can flip up the bench to access the basket. It does fold up huge but I have a minivan so not an issue for me. I have an almost 4 year old and an 8 month old. I used to have a Joovy Caboose (sold it to buy this one) and that thing was like steering a tractor trailer. The Graco is so much nicer.

oh, that is nice that you can lift the seat to access the basket. i also have the caboose and the basket is completely worthless becuase you can get anything in or out of it.

lovemy2kidstw

I can't wait until we get our tax money back! I will be going to BRU to get one. DD will be 3 next month & weighs 35 lbs & DS is 16 months & weighs 21 lbs. I originally had a Graco Quattro Tour Duo stroller & it was a pain. It didn't steer very well with DD in the front & it was really heavy. I sold it & got a babytrend sit-n-stand but it doesn't turn very well either & it's really long. I saw the ready2 grow at BRU & I fell in love, lol. It doesn't look that much bigger than a single full size stroller. I think it will be great so the kids aren't fighting & pulling each others hair. I like how the front seat can lay all the way down, the other doubles usually don't do that. I also read that it only weighs 33 lbs which is great, I'm pretty sure my Quattro duo was around 45 ish. I will post pictures once I get it.

Jillian

Would it be worth replacing our KF22 with a snugride? Baby due 9/6, DS will be 2.5

This doesn't accommodate a nb otherwise does it?

xursusmaritimusx

i played with this stroller extensively a couple weeks ago :p

i didnt take pics though.
i really liked it. i sat there for a long time trying to justify buying a double stroller when my other child is 5 years old :p

anyways.. its really nice. lots of seating options. my 48lb 5 year old fit well in the back on the jump seat. she even fit in the front but looked a lil funny ;)
it was easy to push/steer

yeah the fold is big but so are many other doubles.
it was light weight for a double i felt (not as light as some others but it also doesnt cost an arm and a leg either :p)

i reeeally liked it.

Anyone know if it fit the SS1/SR32/SR35. All the online pictures show just a SR22 or 30.

yes it fits all the graco buckets in both positions.

Jillian

I did like it. I felt my 2yo fit better up front than in the jump seat (36in 31lb)

I just don't have a Graco bucket.

xursusmaritimusx

You can try putting the kf in it. You secure the bucket by using the seat belt on the seat. Look in the manual if it's there to see the directions on how. It might fit that way.

Jillian

Yea i should try it next time i go to bru. I don't really need a click. If i put it up top next to me belt would be fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC