Graco Nautilus Review (LOTS of pics)

ADS

kathy

Just installed my GN. FYI - Took me less than 10 minutes to assemble. I agree about the arm rest. You need to make sure you get that click so you know they are secure and won't pop out. I have found the headrest easy to move up and down so far. Time will tell if that holds true. My daughter loves the cup holder and "secret" side storage spaces.

firemomof3

Thank you for all the great photos! You really helped me in making my decision to buy the GN (just got it tonight!!:cool!:) The Regent wasn't compatible with my van's captain seats so the GN was my next choice. I'm looking forward to installing it first thing in the morning (it feels kinda like Christmas:D)

T

~tracy

kat - i know you said this seat was best used at 3y/o and up.
i'm looking for a second seat to use at my in-laws. my dd will be 2 1/2 at the time of use (in april) and already weights 31 lbs so i'm sure she'll be a bit heavier by then.
we'll only use this seat for a few weeks and then we'll have the seat shipped to use when it's time for our latest addition to be moved out of his infant seat.

he'll then take his sisters Fisher-Price safe voyage (which i love and can't find a second).

from your experience, can we get away with the age?? i know this is only your opinion but i really like this seat and think it will work for us in the long term.

thanks,
~Tracy

Kat_Momof3

:thumbsup:eek:h, you can certainly use it earlier... I was speaking on if you wanted to try to make it the last seat to buy.

I've seen 1yr olds who fit well... though they were only demonstrating a sibling's seat.

nrae74

I read a review that said it could not harness to 65 pounds because the crotch strap did not go out far enough?? Has anyone had this be a problem??

Evolily

I read a review that said it could not harness to 65 pounds because the crotch strap did not go out far enough?? Has anyone had this be a problem??

Most kids will outgrow it before 65 pounds- the harness isn't tall enough. This goes for most seats out there, the weight limit is usually much higher than the average child will last torso height wise. Some people have issues with the crotch strap, others don't. It depends on the kid and how the seat is installed.

I love the seat though- it is very nice and will harness most kids until they are booster ready.

bethng

- no latch or tether in booster mode - I'd just like the convenience

Didn't graco say that you could LATCH the seat in while in booster mode? It's not in the manual I don't think. Perhaps I heard wrong. Have not had to use the seat as a booster yet so I have not investigated further.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kat_Momof3

[
- no latch or tether in booster mode - I'd just like the convenience

Didn't graco say that you could LATCH the seat in while in booster mode? It's not in the manual I don't think. Perhaps I heard wrong. Have not had to use the seat as a booster yet so I have not investigated further.

thanks for the reminder... I forgot I hadn't updated with that info.... will do so.

it depends on the kid. Jeffrey still technically fit for height up to the weight limit (he outgrew it sometime around that weight limit while he was having a spurt I didn't know about)

When I put him in it for sizing at 60lbs, he fit just fine with the crotch strap. I'd say build of the child will have a lot to do with it.

Really bulky kids might have more of an issue where thinner kids won't.

Jeffrey's somewhere in the middle.

His sister is thinner, but she's been all torso... as her legs grow, I think she, too, might make it to 60-65lbs in the harness... she's 48lbs as of today.... fully clothed with shoes on.... and barely over the third to top slots, where she's been for a little while now.

She's 43-44" tall.

my kids have certainly set a pattern for fitting it to the limit... and I haven't had any issues with the crotch strap.

Thanks, Beth, for reminding me I seriously needed to update my review... I updated the latch/tether with booster and the lifespan, and fixed pics that had been moved to different albums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC