Graco Headwise?

Persimmon

I am looking for a seat to fly with that will keep my 3 y.o. RF because there is no way I am going to try to fly with my Foonf. I emailed Graco about the Headwise 70 and here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. It may take 2-3 months before you can purchase the Head Wise car seat. It has the same rear facing height adjust as the Size For Me 70.

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I wish there was more color on the seats; too much brown/black/grey as always.

christineka

I love purple, but not that. It's a little lavender on an otherwise brown seat. Puke. Glad to see the seat's looks were nothing worth drooling over. I'll return to wishing for a plum radian.

D&L's-mommy

The name is stupid but it's not like they could call it the Head4me. ;)

lol! DH said a car seat is not the first thing that comes to mind when he hears "headwise" :rolleyes:.
I'm loving this seat though, and the size4me, but I need 3 across, don't think that's gonna happen with one of these

kidzndogz

I'm wondering if they added any EPS foam. The only EPS foam in the current seat is in the headrest. None for the body. I doubt it since they seem to be focusing on the head only but still. Would be nice.

Kamy04

The Headwise is on the shelf at my local Target. There was a box, too, but didn't check to see if it was the display box or something. It was 199.99

I didn't have DS with me, so I just took a picture to prove I saw it...but I haven't uploaded it.

Mercuria

Thanks for the info! The website said "not in stores" or something like that, so I was expecting to have to buy and return to see it.

Meg

We have the Headwise in our local Target stores and I really liked the look of it! It seemed very cushy and padded. Both colors were there in boxes and the red and brown was on display. The color combo was nice. I'd definitely be considering it for either my 3 year old or infant, but the base was really, really wide and we have to do a 3-across in my car, so it's a no go for us.

AZmamaof2

I haven't seen much car seat chatter about the headwise, so I'm curious if anyone has feedback after using one for a year. My daughter's Blvd will expire relatively soon, and I am considering replacing it with the graco instead. Do they have similar features, or does one stand out to you?

MommyShannon

It is sold at other stores with other names (Size4Me and MySize70). It might have small differences. I haven't tried it. How big is your DD? This is the tallest rf seat available so it's a good choice for rf as long as possible. It's not quite as padded and cushy as Britax.

AZmamaof2

My DD will be 4 when her BLVD expires. Right now she is about 27#

I really like the purple head wise, and would choose it over the other clones for that reason.

Given a choice between the Headwise, and either the Blvd 70/G3/G4 versions, do you know any key differences?

They all front adjust for harness height, and have easy to use latch and buckles?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
For a smaller than average child, I would prefer one of the Britax seats. However, for average-to-tall child, I prefer the Graco seats (Headwise, MySize, Size4Me). They are very tall in the shell and allow most kids to RF for many years.

If your daughter is able to ride in her BV until age 4, I would put her into a combination seat at that point.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If your daughter is able to ride in her BV until age 4, I would put her into a combination seat at that point.

I was going to suggest the same. If she's still rear-facing in the BLVD and can get to 4 with it, that's awesome! Rather than get a convertible at that point, I would recommend investing in a good combination seat. And if she's already FF in the BLVD then I would definitely get a combination seat, since there isn't much use in paying for a seat whose features you don't actually need. There are two exceptions, however:

1. If your daughter is happily rear-facing and would *prefer* to stay that way, then I can see the benefit in trying to keep her rear-facing longer than 4.

2. If you have/will have a younger child who will need a rear-facing convertible and you won't have one for him/her, then it might make sense to keep your older child in a convertible, with the intent of being able to pass down the convertible to the younger sibling when it's time to booster.

AZmamaof2

I was going to suggest the same. If she's still rear-facing in the BLVD and can get to 4 with it, that's awesome! Rather than get a convertible at that point, I would recommend investing in a good combination seat. And if she's already FF in the BLVD then I would definitely get a combination seat, since there isn't much use in paying for a seat whose features you don't actually need. There are two exceptions, however:

1. If your daughter is happily rear-facing and would *prefer* to stay that way, then I can see the benefit in trying to keep her rear-facing longer than 4.

2. If you have/will have a younger child who will need a rear-facing convertible and you won't have one for him/her, then it might make sense to keep your older child in a convertible, with the intent of being able to pass down the convertible to the younger sibling when it's time to booster.

I already have a FN85 and PIO70 for the combination stage. One in each car that my son uses. I don't recall offhand what the minimums are for height on either one though. 2yo and 25# for weight?

[checked height and it states 30" standing and 12.5" seated. She passes both of those, but seems so much smaller than he did. His legs did not reach over the front of the seat to bend when he started using the FN, and it caused him to slouch.]

We hopefully will be adding a member to our family near then, so the car seat would be passed down.

Last edited:

jheimes

I like my size 4 me and my size 70. They take up less room RF (front to back than some other seats) and seem to fit 3 across well. Not sure how they compare to the britax ones. I think the head wise has more in the head area and the base underneath is a little different.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC