Graco Extend2Fit vs Extend2Fit 3-in-1

pslockett

I recognize that both are safe, but I wanted to hear what others thought about the two options. What are your thoughts on the best purchase?

A - Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat

versus

B.) Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat

Thanks,

Patrick

ADS

brooksfamily

I think that if you are using the seat from early on, you may find that by the time your lo is ready for a booster you may want a new seat. Dedicated highback boosters tend to be more user friendly than a combination seat in booster mode. The the high back booster belt guide on the E2F 3 in 1 is a solid inch shorter than most of the common highback boosters models, therefore, it's not going to last as long in highback mode as a dedicated booster would.

IMO the 3 in 1 model would be great for a foster parent who needs a car seat that is multi-functional or possibly a day care provider, but as a convertible to highback seat for one child I think you will find yourself wanting a dedicated booster when the time comes. You may find you are paying more for a feature that you don't get much use out of, especially if you have a tall child.

This is merely related to convenience:

I have 2 E2Fs for my older DD1, and when my younger DD2 started complaining about both her Clicktight Boulevard and Chicco Nextfit, I chose to get the 3 in 1 E2F because she liked the color, I thought I could use it to start booster training the older one later before buying a dedicated booster later, and it was the babies r us trade in deal.

The best difference (in my opinion) is not even advertised, and I didn't realize it until I had both seats: the regular E2F has little fabric pockets to put the buckles into, to keep them out of the way when the child gets in. This is good in theory, but rarely works (at least for my child), so I'm constantly digging for buckles. No big deal in the grand scheme of things, and totally worth it to keep my off the chart height kids rear facing longer. The E2F 3 in 1 has plastic recesses in the seat frame that are meant for use when in booster mode. These work great to drop the entire harness into when getting the child out, and they remain in place, out of the way, when the child gets back in. They save me several minutes of aggravation every day.

The regular E2Fs are fantastic seats, but that recess is an added (albeit unintended) convenience

lgenne

The harness adjuster is easier to use on the 3-in-1, as well.

I suspect that I will never use my Milestone as a booster. I still love it, and it works well for me. Planning on an E2F 3-in-1 myself, unless something better comes out before I get close to needing it.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If you compare the two manuals (available online on the Graco website), you will see that there are several differences in the requirements with regard to FF recline and harness strap covers. I would check out both manuals and decide which set of rules you prefer.

The 3-in-1 version also has lower sides and, as lgenne pointed out, the harness is much easier to adjust because of the rollers (red tubes of plastic over which the straps glide more easily than the regular metal bars on the original E2F).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pslockett

Lol! Thanks for the comparison. Useful info!

Agreed - thanks all! I'm not 100% sure about all of the FF stuff, but I figure i've got a couple of years to figure that out at a minimum. By then I'm sure to have bugged you all about a new carseat or a new vehicle : ) Thanks again! - Patrick

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC