Graco Extend2Fit drool/freak outs/whatever

lgenne

Excited about the new Extend2Fit? Post here!

Pretty sure my giant 11 month old will be in one of these within the next year or so.

ADS

lgenne

Things I like:

-Looks reasonably low profile.
-50 lb weight limit, of course.
-I really like the idea of adjustable leg room, the more I think about it. Limited back seat space? Make your kid sit cross cross. Plenty of back seat space? Let them stretch out!

Meh:
-45" standing height limit? I hope it gets us to 4. It probably will, but my kid is TALL.
-Cup holders. I'd rather have a seat that's capable of being at least decently narrow.

Unknowns:
-I want to see colors!
-Harness pads. I assume it has them? Graco puts them on all their other seats at that price point.
-Harness adjuster and harness height adjusters? If they're like the Milestone, I'll be happy.

bnsnyde

Wow, neat!
I guess I should not feel too bad that our seat only goes to 43" and 50 lbs. 2 inches difference. I know that's a lot, but the thing is, only so many seats fit that 8th seat of the Odyssey. I doubt this would?

It looks really cool, though!
But yeah, narrow is key for us or it's useless, lol.

It would not have gotten my current 4 YO to 4, as he's been over 45 inches for some time now.

lgenne

You think they'll introduce it in a single color? I mean yes, the one in the single released photo is probably gray and black. But it would be an unusual move for Graco to only release one, wouldn't it?

lgenne

Wow, neat!

I guess I should not feel too bad that our seat only goes to 43" and 50 lbs. 2 inches difference. I know that's a lot, but the thing is, only so many seats fit that 8th seat of the Odyssey. I doubt this would?

It looks really cool, though!

You never know. The base looks pretty similar to the Milestone, and it works there.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am assuming it would not fit comfortably in my Forester or Impreza with the leg rest extended...but maybe it would work in my in-laws' outback? If so, then maybe I could get them to RF her until 4 without complaining anymore...although I don't know how much of a difference 4" makes...I wish I knew what size the kid in the picture is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Oh, and I agree on wishing it could be narrow! Especially since it is likely to take up significant front-to-back space, it would be nice if it could extend between the front seats and still leave space on the sides for outboard passengers/car seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgenne

They certainly aren't selling it on front to back space with that photo, are they? Not only is the footrest (or whatever they call it) fully extended, which makes sense, because it's the big selling point, but it's also on the newborn recline. Which seems like an odd combination for the real world.

ETA: never mind. It's not anywhere near the newborn recline.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
They certainly aren't selling it on front to back space with that photo, are they? Not only is the footrest (or whatever they call it) fully extended, which makes sense, because it's the big selling point, but it's also on the newborn recline. Which seems like an odd combination for the real world.

Why do you say it's on the newborn recline? The little arrow looks like it is on the last of the RF (Blue) settings to me...

tiggercat

You think they'll introduce it in a single color? I mean yes, the one in the single released photo is probably gray and black. But it would be an unusual move for Graco to only release one, wouldn't it?

Probably three different shades of grey.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Graco typically isn't known for releasing seats in colors. They're usually light gray/dark gray, gray/black, gray/silver, light black/dark black, etc. IF there's color on a seat, it's often, like, pink accents on a gray or black seat.

In their defense, color decisions are often dictated by the retailers who sell the seats, and retailers like gray and black because they think/know that's what consumers want.

Does anyone remember the anagram contest CarseatBlog did a few years ago? The letters in "Graco MyRide" can be rearranged to spell "Gray-Mired Co." That's still one of my favorite things ever.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Graco typically isn't known for releasing seats in colors. They're usually light gray/dark gray, gray/black, gray/silver, light black/dark black, etc. IF there's color on a seat, it's often, like, pink accents on a gray or black seat.

Huh...So what would be a more "colorful" manufacturer, then? I remember when the Nextfit first came out, the muted purple and grey color was the only seat that wasn't primarily black and grey.....5 out of the 8 colors of the current Marathon have no colorful accents whatsoever, whereas 5 out of the 19 current "clones" are equally colorless...

I am always looking for prettier seat colors...for some reason I had thought that Graco was my go-to brand for color options.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The letters in "Graco MyRide" can be rearranged to spell "Gray-Mired Co." That's still one of my favorite things ever.

I had forgotten about that! :ROTFLMAO:

Regarding the recline angle and space it takes up RF in the vehicle - I just want to point out how flat those vehicle seats are in the picture. The Ext2Fit base looks like it's level with the ground which is pretty unusual.

In general, the flatter the vehicle seat - the more reclined the CR will be and the more front to back seat it will take up. Put this same seat on a vehicle cushion that has more of a slope to it and it's going to take up less space even though you are using the same recline position on the base.

Graco Extend2Fit - stock.jpg

SnoGurl

Huh...So what would be a more "colorful" manufacturer, then? I remember when the Nextfit first came out, the muted purple and grey color was the only seat that wasn't primarily black and grey.....5 out of the 8 colors of the current Marathon have no colorful accents whatsoever, whereas 5 out of the 19 current "clones" are equally colorless...

I am always looking for prettier seat colors...for some reason I had thought that Graco was my go-to brand for color options.
Clek is pretty colourful...
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC