Graco Extend2Fit drool/freak outs/whatever

msg221

Yay! Can't wait to see pics of it installed in a car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to head there after work instead because there are some other things I need to get at Target and I didn't want to rush since I'd be on my lunch hour if I had gone earlier. I'll have to play with it in my garage with the lights on because it will be dark out by the time I get home. I hope I can get good pics, otherwise I will take some in the morning if the light is bad.

ADS

lgenne

Talk me down, people.

I can order one and have it in 3-5 days. (No, I'm not driving 75 miles one way to pick one up. That's not even tempting.) But I don't need it yet. I'm not in love with the color. I want the quick release cover. I'm not even 100% certain I'm going to get it at all.

But I can have one in 3-5 days!

What colors will BRU have? Or BBB? I should get one in March when we travel again and get close to B&M versions of those stores. Right?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Talk me down, people.

I can order one and have it in 3-5 days. (No, I'm not driving 75 miles one way to pick one up. That's not even tempting.) But I don't need it yet. I'm not in love with the color. I want the quick release cover. I'm not even 100% certain I'm going to get it at all.

But I can have one in 3-5 days!

What colors will BRU have? Or BBB? I should get one in March when we travel again and get close to B&M versions of those stores. Right?

I would wait. I want you to get one so that I can see more pictures of it installed in vehicles, but if you don't need it yet then you're really better off waiting until it's on sale, or there are more colors available....or both.

On the other hand, Target is pretty breezy about returns....

Cnidaria

Lol. Did the have all the hanging seats that are only available at Target. Com? Pro Ride, Shuttle, orbit, Vello, Britax infant to name a few.

My Target did, and they also (I'm now remembering) had one of the new Baby Trend versions of the TrueFit!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Lol. Did the have all the hanging seats that are only available at Target. Com? Pro Ride, Shuttle, orbit, Vello, Britax infant to name a few.

Wait, are you saying that when you went to the Burnsville location today they had all those as well?

cookie123

No, well they had the Britax B-Safe 35, but other than that it was just all the old stuff -- Nautilus, Eddie Bauer, 4Ever, Headwise, Evenflo ProComfort Symphony and Triumph, Safety 1st Advance, etc.

I guess they were really busy last night!

cookie123

My Target did, and they also (I'm now remembering) had one of the new Baby Trend versions of the TrueFit!
I did not see that at either of ours.
Wait, are you saying that when you went to the Burnsville location today they had all those as well? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! That is the ones I listed were hanging above the ones on the shelf and were only available at targetdotcom. They had the same deal going with the baby carriers.

msg221

You know you are a total car seek geek/tech when you open up the box to a new seat in the Target parking lot and install the seat right then. Oh, and then you move your van further down the lot away from other cars and right under a light so you can snap a photo. (Though I had to retake it when I got home).

So here is the Extend2Fit in the second row of my 2015 Ody, behind the driver. I know the cup holders must be installed before I put a kid in it. I was just anxious to see how easy it was to install. It was SUPER easy to install with LATCH. I didn't even need to pull the LATCH strap back through the rear facing belt path to get it tight enough! I have it on the #3 recline position and it is in both the dark and light blue area so it will be fine for an 8 month old. There is plenty of room behind the driver's seat (I didn't even adjust my seat before installing this) though I will have to see how it is on the newborn recline angle.

I love how compact it is front to back and overall, really. It doesn't seem to me that the sides are super high like they are on the Nextfit and it didn't seem overly heavy to me either. Of course, I'm used to wrangling a FR90 and a Graco Argos in my van, so maybe that's why!

It is nice that the base is marked where the maximum overhang can be. As you can see, overhang won't be an issue in my Ody!

I can't wait to be able to play with this in the day light, and, of course, with a real baby in it!

Attachments

• Graco Extend 2 Fit.jpg
    Graco Extend 2 Fit.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 88

msg221

I haven't tried it there yet or with a seat belt install at all yet. Waiting to do that tomorrow, when I have more time. As soon as I got home from Target, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and now I'm working on submitting a resume for a new position at my workplace!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As soon as I got home from Target, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and now I'm working on submitting a resume for a new position at my workplace!

Exciting stuff!

When you get time to play with it again, can you try it with the panel out? I know you are setting it up for an 8 month old, but I am SO excited to hear/see how it installs when you have the extension in use. :)

lgenne

I haven't tried it there yet or with a seat belt install at all yet. Waiting to do that tomorrow, when I have more time. As soon as I got home from Target, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and now I'm working on submitting a resume for a new position at my workplace!

No rush. Thanks!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:banginghead::doh:
Should have checked in here yesterday to remind myself to look when I went to Target. They were totally overstaffed working on (due on the same day nationwide) resets, so my guess is if you haven't seen it today, it'll be there tomorrow or so (like the yawntastic Evenflo suremax whatever rollover tested thing that's just a Symphony with super-massive headwings we just got at my BRU a couple days late).

Still no sign of E2F's at my BRU, though, and the trade in is soon... I'm trying to stay hopeful we get them.

msg221

I went to the parking garage on my lunch hour yesterday and played with the seat there since I wasn't hungry! After having a little more time to play with this, one thing I found that I don't like is the small rear facing belt path. It was a PIA to try and get my hand in there to feed the seat belt through when I was trying a seat belt install. It was, however, easy to get a good, tight install with the seat belt and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it installed in the center of the second row.

I did try putting it on recline position 1, and I did have to move the driver's seat up slightly to give it enough room but it wasn't enough to make it uncomfortable for me.

I didn't have enough time to do a complete install with the extension panel at the various settings, so I just quickly did it with just one side of the LATCH attached. I am guessing that when it is fully extended, the driver's side would need to be adjusted a bit more than l had to for just the newborn recline angle. I won't know for sure until I have time do the complete installation but it did give me an idea of how it would look. If I can get my grandson Chase to sit in it, it would give a good idea of how much room a 4 year old would have. Chase is 5, but very small compared to the average 5 year old, so it would probably work with him in it.

One other thing I don't like about the seat is this particular cover has mesh on the outside edges. I remember how mesh covers were torn up by velcro shoes, and that is what I'd be afraid of with this seat. I would hate for the cover to start looking ratty after a short time so I don't think I will be keeping this one. I will have to see what other retailers covers look like or maybe exchange it for the boring gray one that Target has if it doesn't have the mesh.

Attachments

• seat belt install behind driver second row.jpg
    seat belt install behind driver second row.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Center second row.jpg
    Center second row.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 82
  • #2 panel extension.jpg
    #2 panel extension.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 81
  • #3 panel extension.jpg
    #3 panel extension.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 94

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Finally saw it in person! Here it is next to the Milestone and the Grow and Go Air Sport if anyone wants more comparisons. I think the Gracos are in the highest headrest positions, but the Grow and Go was difficult to move up and down.

8e122b387d70a62d1e01554352353066.jpg

I liked the blue and thought it looked really nice next to the brown Milestone.

The recline feature was a little strange -- kind of like the Pria, but up front. I think it would take some getting used to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC