Graco extend2fit crash test

U

Unregistered

Hi I'm looking for a very safe convertible car seat for my daughter. I want to rear face her as long as possible and I wanted to know how the graco extend2fit did on the crash test and is it the safest seat I can buy. Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

The Extend2Fit is a long lasting and easy to use convertible. It will get even big kids to between 3-4 years old rear facing.

There are no safety ratings, no crash ratings, and no single best seat. The best seat is the one that fits your car, fits your child, fits your budget, and can be used properly 100% of the time.

Wendy

F

Fco C.

Hi there.

The Extend2Fit is a long lasting and easy to use convertible. It will get even big kids to between 3-4 years old rear facing.

There are no safety ratings, no crash ratings, and no single best seat. The best seat is the one that fits your car, fits your child, fits your budget, and can be used properly 100% of the time.

Wendy
Of course there is crash test for baby seats, please don't spread misinformation.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Of course there is crash test for baby seats, please don't spread misinformation.

The post you replied to is 6 years old. Even in that time, there is still no comprehensive crash testing available that allows us to compare the safety of one car seat to another, like we have from the NHTSA and IIHS for new automobiles.

The NHTSA does require pass/fail crash testing of car seats, but this is only to certify to federal minimum standards and not useful to compare one car seat to another.

A few third party organizations do their own crash tests, though some are only for marketing purposes, using dubious, proprietary testing protocols that are not sufficient to compare one model to another. Plus, this type of testing is generally limited to one single type of frontal crash test and does not include offset or side impacts. Most third party crash tests are dubious because the costs to create a comprehensive, reliable testing program like we have for new automobiles would be in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. This is in part why the NHTSA and IIHS have not done this.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC