Graco expiration

cookie123

I'm wondering if the SafeSeat 32s are expired yet.
The blue Gracos are expired, correct? Any other color expired?

ADS

momtotwogirls

Yes it is it called SafeSeat Step one goes to 32lbs and 32 in
Im not sure when they were last made but Im guessing in 2008. i got mine in March of 09 and it had a DOM of Feb of 08 so it would expire in Dec of 2014

xursusmaritimusx

actually the safe seat was only to 30lbs 32"
then came the snugride 32 which goes to 32lb 32"
then the snugride 35 which is 35lb and 32"

the first safe seats were manufactured mid 2005? i have an 06 that expires in december of this year.

and like PP said, some of those safe seats were still manufactured in 2008 as they phased in the SR32's

ETA as im thinking about it i think the safe seat first showed up very early in 2006...

mominabigtruck

I had a ss1 that would be expired now. It was like the first model with the black and red cover. I do believe all of the original ones were gray plastic.

None of the snugride 32s would be expired yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

EmmaGrace'sMom

actually the safe seat was only to 30lbs 32"
then came the snugride 32 which goes to 32lb 32"
then the snugride 35 which is 35lb and 32"

the first safe seats were manufactured mid 2005? i have an 06 that expires in december of this year.

and like PP said, some of those safe seats were still manufactured in 2008 as they phased in the SR32's

ETA as im thinking about it i think the safe seat first showed up very early in 2006...
Yep this...I believe the SS1 I had was a 05' manufacturer date, like Nov/Dec 05' and it was one of the first patterns to come out.

brooklynsmommy

katymyers said:
6 years from DOM and they always expire in December.

They have changed it I believe to exactly 6 years instead of December.

I bought a safe seat when DD was about 8 or 9 months from someone off CL (obviously before cso) and the child was already close to a year. So I'm almost positive it had an '05 date. I just rescued one with the blue cover that came after the black cover. Both with names I knew until this post!

Off topic, but has anyone noticed how blech both of those covers smelled?? Even after washing it multiple times!?

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Six years from DOM means six years from date of manufacture, which means specifically NOT until December of that year.

The new Graco infant seats (as of about 8/1/11) are seven years from DOM. A 2009 Safe Seat 1 will expire at the end of 2015, not 2014.

Wendy

katymyers

brooklynsmommy said:
They have changed it I believe to exactly 6 years instead of December.

I bought a safe seat when DD was about 8 or 9 months from someone off CL (obviously before cso) and the child was already close to a year. So I'm almost positive it had an '05 date. I just rescued one with the blue cover that came after the black cover. Both with names I knew until this post!

Off topic, but has anyone noticed how blech both of those covers smelled?? Even after washing it multiple times!?

That's good to know :) I need to go look at mine but every Graco I've ever seen at work expires in December.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The new ones have stamped under the foot, "This seat expires seven years from date on sticker" or something like that. Rather than "Do not use after December 20XX."

Wendy

katymyers

wendytthomas said:
The new ones have stamped under the foot, "This seat expires seven years from date on sticker" or something like that. Rather than "Do not use after December 20XX."

Wendy

They must have started doing that recently my Snugride 35 has a DOM of March 22, 2011 and the expiration date stamped on it says December 2017. I even checked my other four Graco seats and they all say Dec. of the sixth year. That's interesting though, I wonder why they changed it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They must have started doing that recently my Snugride 35 has a DOM of March 22, 2011 and the expiration date stamped on it says December 2017. I even checked my other four Graco seats and they all say Dec. of the sixth year. That's interesting though, I wonder why they changed it.

Right. Like I said, the change on the infant seats was made around 8/1/11. So after yours, but well within the last year (yours IS 14 months old already afterall).

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC