Graco Connext Height Question

stephpook

I bought a Graco Connext backless booster for my 9.5 year old at Wal-Mart today. When I got it home and out of the box, I noticed it has a 57" height limit. Can someone explain to me why there's an upper height limit on a backless booster? I thought height wasn't an issue as long as a) the belt fit is good, b) the child is within the weight limit, and c) they have vehicle headrest support to the tips of their ears. Am I wrong?

He was 54" at the end of August, so is quite close to that 57" limit, although at just under 70 pounds, he's well within the weight limit and has proper headrest support. He does NOT pass the 5-step test in my van (even if he did, I'd rather he be in a booster for awhile yet anyway).

Thanks!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Doesn't it also come in a version with a back? If so, maybe it's something they've forgotten to address in the manuals for no back mode?

stephpook

Well, both my Monterey and Parkway say to not use with a child taller than 63". The Parkway is the only one in the house, but the instruction manual specifically states to not use it as a backless booster with a child who exceeds 63". So is this similar to the seated height limits for harnessed seats? Can I make the parental decision to disregard the height limit assuming my child still has good belt fit, adequate vehicle headrest support, and is within the weight limit?

Baylor

I was just looking at topside and it says the same thing.. 57in height limit..

I need one for my son for back row of my GC2001.

stephpook

I'm guessing the "height" limits correspond to the "weight" limits - 57" for the 100-pound limit boosters and 63" for the 120-pound limit. The Connext also lists a 4-10 year age range. I wonder if 57" is "average height" for a 10-year old. Perhaps they're required to list a height range?

Sadly, I own 5 boosters, and this is the first time I've noticed the upper height limit - even though I'm pretty sure all of my boosters probably have them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlmatthews

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC