Graco Connext belt guide question

teekadog

I have 2 Graco Connext in the 3rd row of my 2007 Mazda5. The shoulder belt in the 3rd row of pre-2009 Mazda5's is not ideal. It is placed quite a distance in front of the passenger. It doesn't even touch my chest when I'm seated there. I was hoping using the belt guides of the Graco Connexts would solve that but we have run into a problem. There is no LATCH in the 3rd row so my kids have to buckle their boosters in each time they exit the vehicle. In doing that and then unbuckling/buckling themselves in again next time they ride the belt guides loosen. They can't adjust the belt guides back to the proper length again themselves, so I'm left to get back there and fix them. It's a pain. I've used a lot of CRs in a lot of ways over the past decade and I'd rank this up there with getting kids in and out of cars using RSTV (the original version) for quick trips. And my kids are equally sick of it. Any advice?

ADS
I have the same car, so the same problem.
I was wondering if the Nautilus (booster) would help. No luck with the Frontier or Monterey.
Someone here uses an AMP high back but she has a newer mazda5 model so I'm no sure that it could solve our problem.

teekadog

I tried a high back amp. Shoulder belt got hung up in the belt guide. Right now we're letting them ride without belt guide because they are both very good at sitting still. But we're not thrilled with the situation.

Thanks for the information about the AMP. So,I won't waste time by trying the AMP in my car.
I was also wondering if the First years compass b570 would deserve a try. I've read here that it is useful for forward shoulder belts. Have you ever tried it?

teekadog

A rubber band might work. I've never heard of adding something to a seatbelt that way. Is it safe? Is there a picture somewhere?

I've not tried a compass booster. My friend had one years ago and adored it. I'm not sure it would be tall enough. Are they tall? My kid is very tall but still needs a booster for lap belt fit because she's too skinny. Not enough butt to pull the belt to her hips it always hits her belly.

teekadog

No, I was misunderstanding you. It's a talent of mine. I'll try putting a rubberband around the belt guide webbing. Thanks for the tip!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC