graco and 3 point harnesses

christineka

Anyone know when graco discontinued the 3 point snugride with the female end on the harness and the male end on the seat?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Do you mean it has a recessed buckle like the 3-pt Discovery had? Or is it a 3-pt with a crotch strap?

christineka

Do you mean it has a recessed buckle like the 3-pt Discovery had? Or is it a 3-pt with a crotch strap?

I don't understand. It has the button part of the crotch buckle on the harness and the buckle tongue (single) attached to the seat.

christineka

Here's a photo of the hanging button part of the buckle
gracohangbuckle.jpg

This buckle, however, came off of a 13 year old snugride with the boxy base. The seat I'm looking at has the same buckle, but the contoured base.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I don't understand. It has the button part of the crotch buckle on the harness and the buckle tongue (single) attached to the seat.

I'm not clear on what you mean when you say "attached to the seat". Does it have a crotch strap?

ETA: I see the photo now. Yes, that buckle has a crotch strap. Graco made the 3-pt SR22 until at least 2005. Maybe '06. Most likely it's expired unless it was one of the very last models made.

ETA: Just looked it up. 3-pt models were officially discontinued in 2007.

canadiangie

No strap. It's just a buckle tongue stuck to the plastic.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Bring straps over baby's head and insert the buckle recepticle that's dangling off end of 3 point harness into/onto buckle tongue that's fixed onto the seat. yup. Century 3 points were like this, too.

No idea on the answer though.

Eta: fixed my explanation. Hard to word properly.

I had one of those for DD, DOM was 9/03.

ETA: Still have it in my garage 'cuz I don't know what else to do with it and I don't want a kid in it. Looking back I can't believe I put both my kids in it (with a snuzzler and infant head wrap things). Definitely know better now.

sb518

I had a display seat that I bought on clearance in 04 like that. So I'm going to guess 2003-2004.

alake

I know that one of my friend's had a 3 point harness car seat for her daughter when she was born in 2004, but this was in Canada.

YinzerMama

Wow, we got my son a Graco in '03 and I don't remember seeing any 3 pt Gracos at the time. I was looking out for that because I had gotten an evenflo from a friend and it was only a 3 pt and I wanted a 5 pt - I thought all gracos at the time were 5 pt. They must have been pretty uncommon even then?

NVMBR02

Wow, we got my son a Graco in '03 and I don't remember seeing any 3 pt Gracos at the time. I was looking out for that because I had gotten an evenflo from a friend and it was only a 3 pt and I wanted a 5 pt - I thought all gracos at the time were 5 pt. They must have been pretty uncommon even then?

Dh's two cousins had babies in late '03, I had one early '04 and another cousin had a mid '04 baby. Both of the 03 babies had a 3 point snugride. I had a 5 point for dd because it seemed more secure to me. Mine was also front adjust. The 3rd cousin had a 3 point snugride for her baby and exchanged it for the 5 point since she liked mine so much.

My sister had a fall 0'3 baby and he was in a 5 point snugride, though hers was a rear adjust.

I think the 5 points were becoming more popular then but there were still quite a few 3 points.

tam_shops

I started looked at seats in late 05 and none of the Canadian Graco seats I looked at had them.

I know they didn't in 06, they were all 5pt by then (when they had the first SS1 here and the 22#SR) And, I saw another brand 3pt harness, the summer of 06 and was shocked that it was *new* when I checked the DOM on it, figured the store was clearing old stock, but it wasn't. I hadn't seen a 3pt in the store before that, just IRL...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC