Girly Seat

Jumanji

I would really love to have a girly car seat for my daugther. She's currently ff in a Radian (granite 48lb limit). Should I order a princess cover for it or should I look at geting a True Fit in Monet? I'm not sure her exact weight at the moment but I think she's somewhere between 27 - 30 lbs. Her torso is just shy of 13".

ADS

featherhead

The True Fit is a great seat, so is the Radian. If you want to rear-face your daughter longer then definitely get the True Fit. It rear-faces to 35 lbs, whereas the Radian only rear-faces to 30 lbs. The top slots on the Radian are a bit taller (like 3/4 inch or so). If you do buy the Monet True Fit, you can get it at babyproofingplus.com for $189 I believe. Either way you have a great seat, so it's up to you:)

Pepse

Same issue here

I have a 48lb Radian and dd is about 27lbs at 15 months

I have been thinking about getting the Princess cover but the Cdn Distrubtor does not have it in stock and from the US it is $65 plus tax, shippin g in the US is aobut $8, to ship to canada, it is $25 plus customs and duty and then a brokage fee probably.

The monet is $189 at the Safe superstore which I Have been eyeing as well.

I am leaning towards getting the Princess cover and using it to the 48lbs and then upgrading to the Frontier or Nautilus at that time since the Radian is a great seat

Too bad we weren't in the same province, we could split on shipping

Jumanji

My daughter is 2 1/2 so I'm fine with her forward facing now. I also think the 48 lbs will last us quite a while considering my 5 year old son isn't even 48 lbs yet and she's much smaller than he was at this age.

If I order the Princess cover I can have it shipped to a PO box in the states and then just walk across to pick it up. I did that when I ordered my Maclaren stroller. Much cheaper than shipping to Canada.

Jumanji

Ok, I just priced it out. It'll be approximately $93.71 CAD to ship it and pick it up in the US plus taxes once it's brought across the border. Is that worth it or should I spend the $189 plus tax on the True Fit and sell the Radian. The Radian is an Oct-2006 model.

Pepse

I am sure they will past last about the same time but just remember the True Fit will be much wider so if space is an issue keep that in mind.

A 48lb radian sold locally last week on kijiji.ca for $60

Jumanji

How high up would the child sit in the True Fit compared to the Radian. When we put the Radian in our car (Mazda 6) my daughter can't really see out the window. Would the True Fit be better for that?

featherhead

The True Fit would raise her up a little bit, but not much, probably just a few inches. I personally would not spend that much on a cover, but I probably also wouldn't buy a new seat just to get a girly cover:) I guess I'm really not much help:eek:

Jumanji

I'm trying to entice my daughter to sit in her seat. There are times when it's a battle. She either doesn't want to sit or she wants to sit in one of the other kids seats. Grandma was planning to buy the cover for Christmas.

featherhead

I see, I guess I haven't gone through that stage yet. I hope you can figure it out. I know it would be a tough choice for me too, between a Princess Radian or a Monet True Fit.

northernmommy

I have both a RN and a TF, and quite honestly, I like the TF better:twocents:
(I also prefer the Monet to the Princess, when talking strictly covers).

Pepse

Since I would spend tha tmuch on the Cover and Grandma is paying, get the True FIt. lol A new toy.

I am in love with both.

I started thinking and if you can get $50 for the Radian and the cover for $100 you are already at $150. You are looking about $215 with tax on the Monet.

You already have the RN and like using it, so i would say order the cover.

if you think she might get use out of the 65lb harness then get the monet.

Mom2twins

I contacted Sunshine Kids Canada about get a Princess cover a few months ago and they said they could get one up from the US company and sent out to me. I'm not sure what the shipping was as my friend decided not to get it so I didn't pursue it. But I'd ask with them if they could get one to you and what the shipping would cost.

Pepse

I'm trying to entice my daughter to sit in her seat. There are times when it's a battle. She either doesn't want to sit or she wants to sit in one of the other kids seats. Grandma was planning to buy the cover for Christmas.

SO SO what did you do???

Jumanji

I haven't done anything yet. My MIL is coming this weekend so I'll probably talk to her about it then. I want to go check out the True Fit at Zellers though as I haven't really had a good look at it.

Jumanji

Grandma didn't end up getting the Princess cover for Christmas so I'm still trying to decide what to do. I know her Granite Radian is fine but I seem to be obsessed with all these girly seats. Now I've seen the Maripose Nautilus. So cute.

featherhead

I don't think they are selling the Mariposa Nautilus in Canada yet. You could probably get a Nautilus though and get a Mariposa cover somewhere else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoasMama

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC