Gap behind Frontier

erin327

My mom has a new to her Enclave. The center row bucket seats have non adjustable head rests. I am trying to install a Britax Frontier to be used in harness mode for my DD5 who is 45" and 40lbs. Does it matter if there is a gap between the Frontier and the vehicle seat? I know for some boosters this is a problem. I see nothing in the Frontier manual about it being an issue. The headrest of the vehicle seat and part of the back of the Frontier are at the same height and create a gap behind the seat. Is this ok?

ADS

erin327

I called Britax and the lady I spoke with said that it is not ok to install the seat this way. :( We have loved our frontiers. Any suggestions for a harnessed seat that lasts a long time and works well with a forward leaning non adjustable headrest? DD will be 6 on June 30th. She is 45" tall and 40lbs.

aept

Ugh, that's a bummer. I'm sorry, I'm not sure which seat would work. It's frustrating that those type of headrests seem to be getting more and more prevalent.

AllieK

I've found the Evenflo Sureride to work well in that position in the Chevy Traverse. It sits right under the headrest. You will need the tether extender from Evenflo though.

U

Unregistered

Can you install in the 3rd row center position?

Not really. :( Need to put another child there in a high back booster. Also needing different kids to next to babies of different ages for help with belts and general assistance.
Posted via Mobile Device

geekKT

A small disclaimer that I do not really like our nautilus because I feel like it has always given my kiddos some head slump - you'd have to see how it fit yours because some people love them and don't seem to have the issue.

If you need a combination seat, maybe try the nautilus? I've had it in two cars where I really dislike my radian for the same forward-leaning headrest issue but in both the Nautilus seemed a lot better.

If you just need a HBB, my turbo booster also seems to nestle alright in those situations.

But I agree. The forward leaning headrests seem to be more and more common and have given me issue too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC