FR85 w/Secure Guard. Pic heavy.

HEVY

IMAG01692.jpg
IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

I have to say I seriously hate this seat in booster mode, to a point where I want to get rid of it. The cover keeps coming off, the shoulder belt is always messed up. I have no idea which slot to put the SG, it has picture instructions and shows to use the one on the outer most slot, but then they show a pic of the underside and it shows the middle slot. The one on the outside is to far from her crotch. The second one fits but no matter how many times I adjust it I can't get it right, it's either too long and up to her belly button and not fully on the belt, or too short and the belt is folding in the SG. I don't think there is another booster as tall as this one. My seats are slanted so I don't really get the maximum height out of other boosters. It's so much trouble. I mean, what cars did they test the shoulder guide on, it seems like the only way it works is for the belt to be directly behind the seat. And seriously, we have to fight the belt to get it snug as in the pics.

ADS

littleangelfire

I've had it in two vehicles very different than your van (civic and versa) and love it. So it may be a vehicle thing. The cover didn't come off in harness mode? Not sure why it would be different for booster. I wasn't crazy about the secure guard thing, though I still have one. It was an extra step and I felt it unnecessary because my kid was a giant 6 year old by the time he was full time boostered. Did you move the recline block to booster mode? But eh, if you don't like it, sell it. the Monterey is a pretty tall booster, too.

essnce629

It must be a vehicle thing. DS1 just switched to booster mode in his FR85 about a month ago and it fits him perfectly. We have no problems with the belt guides or the cover. We have a Mazda5 and the seatbelt is coming from behind him in the second row.

HEVY

I guess i have the SG because I'm taking baby steps fromthe harness. Unfortunately I already opened the pakage so can't return it, might as well use it.

HEVY

Monterey will not work, her butt will definately not fit, she barely fit here, four years ago at about 45lbs? She is much bigger and wider now.
Photo0123.jpg

Fully extended.
Photo0125.jpg

Baylor

HEVY said:
I guess i have the SG because I'm taking baby steps fromthe harness. Unfortunately I already opened the pakage so can't return it, might as well use it.

I would not use it for that reason. Sell it but I think it does nothing to help fit for her.

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC