Four kids in a Yukon XL or something similar?

Doyle12

Hi,
We currently have 1 year old (21 lbs) twins and a 3 year old (35 lbs.) We’re expecting our fourth kid in a few months. Any suggestions on a three row SUV that fits rear facing convertible car seats in the third row? We have an ‘08 Yukon XL and we haven’t found a convertible rear facing car seat that will work in the third row.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Hi,
We currently have 1 year old (21 lbs) twins and a 3 year old (35 lbs.) We’re expecting our fourth kid in a few months. Any suggestions on a three row SUV that fits rear facing convertible car seats in the third row? We have an ‘08 Yukon XL and we haven’t found a convertible rear facing car seat that will work in the third row.

I was able to get a Britax Boulevard ClickTight rear facing in the back of a 2000 Suburban, but it was really tight and I had to remove the head rest in the 2nd row to make it fit (which was OK because I had another car seat there).

I've been able to get a Graco 4Ever Platinum rear facing in the 3rd row of my 2015 Expedition. Also a very tight fit, but in its most upright position it worked. However, a Yukon/Suburban will have a more car seat friendly 2nd row for 3-across compared to an Expedition, so I'm not sure I'd rush out to trade if the Yukon XL is otherwise working for you.

It would not be at all unreasonable to turn your 3 year old to forward facing in the 3rd row of your Yukon when the baby comes along, as long as you choose a seating position that has a top tether (going from memory in the 2008 model year I think that will be the center of the 3rd row, but check your manual). Then put the twins and the new baby across the 2nd row of the Yukon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC