Forester + Turbo

hedgefun

DW's cousin's daughter rode with me yesterday in her TB (no back). I have a 2012 Forester. She was riding outboard. I couldn't try moving her to the center as a remedy for these issues because I still haven't gotten my center seatbelt recall taken care of. :duck:

I had a few problems with the booster and I want to get something else that might work better since she's going to be riding with us more often.

Issues I had with the TB:
(1) It was incredibly difficult to buckle. I feel like the placement of the booster vs. buckle was awkward. It's almost like the buckle stalk was too far back when compared to the armrest opening where the seatbelt comes out from. The booster was flush with the seat bite. This was not an issue when I buckled her back into her mom's van later (captains chair).

(2) The shoulder belt position wasn't very good (and she was sitting 100% properly). The shoulder belt was almost like the second poor fit photo here (but not as bad): http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/child_restraints/default.html. I think it's because of where the shoulder belts come from... it's pretty low.

Are there any other boosters out there that might be more compatible with my Forester? I would prefer to stick with a NBB since that's what her parents have her in, and she doesn't have issues staying in position. I am open to HBB recs if that would be more likely to fix the shoulder belt fit issue.

I don't know her exact stats, but she's over 45 lbs and she's around 43-45 inches.

ADS

hedgefun

AMP? Or maybe a Literider.

I think the Amp might work. It looks like it would be easy to buckle with those armrests, and that would probably fix the shoulder belt issue too.

I'm afraid the literider will have the same shoulder belt issue as the Turbo since the armrests are so low. I feel like the shoulder belt would have been prefect on the Turbo if only the lap portion was under the arm rest, but I know you can't do that.

hedgefun

cosco top side... that was my final solution to the shoulderbelt wanting to be too far to the edge of the shoulder on Ruthie in her dad's car.

That actually sounds like a good option. Is that the only booster where the shoulder belt is routed over the arm rest?

The only thing I'd be worried about is potentially having to argue with her parents about the proper routing. I guess I can just show them the manual if they try to tell me to do it the other way.

Kat_Momof3

yes, but it's on the side of the booster, clearly written, so you can just show them the instructions... it didn't come with an actual manual... just the patches on the cover

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC