News Foonf pic!

ADS

Divinormus

Its from a great company in terms of quality products, has Rigid LATCH( I believe its the first US convertible to have this) , will possibly have a 45+ lb RF limit, is as tall as the Radian, so it may be a better option for tall RF kiddos when a RN is incompatible with your vehicle. Clek has made great boosters for years and this is thier first convertible.

All that, AND a clever marketing campaign!;)

I thought it was not going to use a RIGID Latch, has this changed???

My son is 17 lbs, his carseat maxes out at 22lbs. I would get the Foonf but it sounds like it might be released too late. But who knows, he was a preemie at 10 weeks early so he may be slower growing.

Clek, do you have one I can buy now? maybe one just produced, sitting in a warehouse? ;) If they are not to be released for a few months then that means they are most likely already in production with finished units sitting somewhere. Why not start selling them now to those who are on these forums? ;)

Otherwise I will probably have to go with an XTSL and will most likely stay with it until my child outgrows it as I can't afford to seat hop... If the seat is available in January/February then I can get one.

Please let us know.

Thanks!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Clek, do you have one I can buy now? maybe one just produced, sitting in a warehouse? ;) If they are not to be released for a few months then that means they are most likely already in production with finished units sitting somewhere. Why not start selling them now to those who are on these forums? ;)
I don't believe they are in production yet. They are still doing testing on the seat to obtain the official limits. I believe they are still testing with different sized dummies. Their test results could still have them make changes to the seat depending on test results.

Divinormus

I don't believe they are in production yet. They are still doing testing on the seat to obtain the official limits. I believe they are still testing with different sized dummies. Their test results could still have them make changes to the seat depending on test results.

Great to know that they are really serious about safety. Makes me more eager for their seats.

Maybe my son will hold out until it is available? ;) Get this for the main car and a radian for the other spare vehicle he will rarely be riding in.

tam_shops

So, max FF height is:

Foonf is 49"
RN is 57"
Frontier is 57"

I never noticed that the Frontier and RN had the same max height when RN has 17.5" harness slots and Frontier 20".

RF weight is:
Froonf is 45# BUT in Canada, thought I read??? it would be 40# (at least for now, right?)
RN is 45#
MR & Scenera 40#
TF 35#

Did I get that right or miss anything big?

tam

JerseyGirl'sMama

Has anybody seen pictures of the Paul Frank seats? I searched and Albee is showing they are taking orders for Heart Shades and Faux Hawk Julius (as well as the solid colors) but there are no pictures. Does anybody have an image to share?

gsdguenter

Has anybody seen pictures of the Paul Frank seats? I searched and Albee is showing they are taking orders for Heart Shades and Faux Hawk Julius (as well as the solid colors) but there are no pictures. Does anybody have an image to share?

In the webinar the Paul Frank seat was black and then the monkey head about half way down on the left - if you were sitting in the seat (not scurvy or faux hawks, the original one) and the strap covers were multicolored like the monkey.

clek

I felt like the owner (Chris, I think) and the other guy said sort of different things. The seat passed without the top tether, but for the seat to perform at its best, they want you to use the top tether. If you don't have a top tether they recommend using lap and shoulder or lap only. It was confusing, imo.
Sorry if we were unclear in the webinar.

In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to explain that we have tested our seats with lower LATCH only as MISUSE testing to ensure that the seat still meets or exceeds all safety requirements. With that said, it will NOT be considered an acceptable method of use.

If in the US:
The use of top tether is REQUIRED when using the LATCH system. The use of top tether is strongly recommended with a vehicle belt whenever a top tether anchor point is available.

If in Canada:
The use of top tether is ALWAYS REQUIRED.

Hope this clears it up.

hrice

Clek, when will pics be available of all the different patterns?

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

clek

So, max FF height is:

Foonf is 49"
RN is 57"
Frontier is 57"

I never noticed that the Frontier and RN had the same max height when RN has 17.5" harness slots and Frontier 20".

RF weight is:
Froonf is 45# BUT in Canada, thought I read??? it would be 40# (at least for now, right?)
RN is 45#
MR & Scenera 40#
TF 35#

Did I get that right or miss anything big?

tam
Foonf top harness slot is 17.5".

We also expect to have a 45lb RF limit in Canada.

clek

Clek, when will pics be available of all the different patterns?

All media will be released (fingers crossed) on December 12th - video, images, etc.

To answer the PF pattern questions, every design that is currently available on Oobr will also be available in Foonf. We will also be launching a new PF seat on a black frame in both Foonf and Oobr, which will be included in this December 12th release. Stay tuned!

violets_mommy

clek said:
All media will be released (fingers crossed) on December 12th - video, images, etc.

To answer the PF pattern questions, every design that is currently available on Oobr will also be available in Foonf. We will also be launching a new PF seat on a black frame in both Foonf and Oobr, which will be included in this December 12th release. Stay tuned!

Can't wait!!

gsdguenter

clek said:
Sorry if we were unclear in the webinar.

In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to explain that we have tested our seats with lower LATCH only as MISUSE testing to ensure that the seat still meets or exceeds all safety requirements. With that said, it will NOT be considered an acceptable method of use.

If in the US:
The use of top tether is REQUIRED when using the LATCH system. The use of top tether is strongly recommended with a vehicle belt whenever a top tether anchor point is available.

If in Canada:
The use of top tether is ALWAYS REQUIRED.

Hope this clears it up.

Thanks for clarifying!

hrice

Multiple Choice! Multiple Choice! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC