News Foonf pic!

ADS

BabyKaykes

Kecia, sadly, I can't get a picture of my kidney. :p

:ROTFLMAO:

I'm liking it so far. I can't wait until the CSBloggers get their hands on it for review.

Also, looking at the RF pic...where'd that recline base and ARB come from? Are we looking at a piece of seat that will need to be stored in a closet somewhere for FF (like the Radian boot), or is this something stored in stealth-like fashion n the back/bottom of the seat?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Like everyone else, I would love to have more alternatives for special needs kids with poor tone who really need to be rear-facing forever, ideally. But 40 lbs gets the 95th percentile boy to age 3 and the 50%ile boy to age 5. 45 lbs would get those boys to ages 4 and 6 respectively. I’d be thrilled if clek could get foonf rated to 45 lbs rf but I’m just not seeing a justification for anything higher than that.

Being the mother of one of those 95th percentile boys, and having a RF goal of 4 yrs, I would :love::love::love: to have an alternative to the Radian. It would be like music to my ears to hear that the Foonf is rated to 45 lbs, although he will likely be over that or very close to it (he's currently 42 lbs at 3 yrs 5 months) by the time the Foonf is available. So... is there any info about the possible FF weight limit or harness heights?

clek

:ROTFLMAO:

I'm liking it so far. I can't wait until the CSBloggers get their hands on it for review.

Also, looking at the RF pic...where'd that recline base and ARB come from? Are we looking at a piece of seat that will need to be stored in a closet somewhere for FF (like the Radian boot), or is this something stored in stealth-like fashion n the back/bottom of the seat?
The RF wedge and ARB come with the seat. They are both snap-in features that are just as easily removable when its time for FF. The seat has 3 built-in recline positions (incremental to that of the RF wedge) - 1 for RF and 2 for FF.

jubgulia

But I want it noooow, daddy... I mean clek. I want an oompa loompa, um I mean foonf, noooooowww! :p

Well, at least I don't have to worry about DS3 outgrowing it RF by June. He'll fit for years, I'm sure. The perks of OI... :cool:

sixmaybemore

But I want it noooow, daddy... I mean clek. I want an oompa loompa, um I mean foonf, noooooowww! :p

Well, at least I don't have to worry about DS3 outgrowing it RF by June. He'll fit for years, I'm sure. The perks of OI... :cool:

LOL.

That is one pretty seat......

HeatherB

June? Oh, boy... Will my nearly-1-yr-old DD, skating by at something like the 7th percentile (not even 17lbs now) still be in her KF30 in June? Here I thought I'd finally solved the dilemma of what seat to get for her! LOL

And I *love* someone's earlier idea of a deep purple on white. Swooooon! I can get by with Dragonfly, but something girlier but NOT PINK would be amazing!

Reactions: Kac

tam_shops

Wow, thanks! I'm impressed! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for taking the time to answer my (our) questions! I get that it really is a small market (here), BUT I have dozens of people that ask me daily about which seat(s) I prefer and why. I always try to give them as unbiased answer as I can.

Hi Tam.

See Post #126 for a response to Solmama. That should also address your point about cleaning the surface. The point is that you do not need to remove the fabric in order to clean it.

With regards to the cracks, the cushion fabric is a separate piece that is removable - it pops off (just like Oobr), which gives you access to the plastic underneath (i.e. access to the cracks).

Hope this clarifies things for you.

The June part of things isn't fun!

tam

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Dear Clek,

Please understand that I'm saying this very nicely and politely. But go away. I have been having fun with your marketing campaign, and even created a "Foonf Fund" just for the fun of it. But I had no intention of buying a Foonf. When it came out that the cover wasn't removable, that made me happy because, for a brief time, I really believed that I didn't even want a Foonf. I even stopped reading this thread, thinking that I had lost interest. Then you came along and explained about the fabric and the removable cushions and you hurt my resolve. I fear if you continue to stick around and answer questions so completely, I may have to spend my Foonf Fund on an actual Foonf. You are scaring me. Please just let me believe that the Foonf can't possibly be worth the price you are asking. Even if I can just continue to fool myself into believing I don't want a Foonf until it's actually released, you will make my Christmas season much less stressful. I almost cried when you said "narrower than a Radian." You don't want to make me cry, do you? :(

Best Regards,
Elizabeth

P.S. Just in case it isn't clear, this is my way of saying whatever you're doing seems to be working. To the potential detriment of my pocketbook. :eek:

Last edited:

SignCuer

Brigala said:
Dear Clek,

Please understand that I'm saying this very nicely and politely. But go away. I have been having fun with your marketing campaign, and even created a "Foonf Fund" just for the fun of it. But I had no intention of buying a Foonf. When it came out that the cover wasn't removable, that made me happy because, for a brief time, I really believed that I didn't even want a Foonf. I even stopped reading this thread, thinking that I had lost interest. Then you came along and explained about the fabric and the removable cushions and you hurt my resolve. I fear if you continue to stick around and answer questions so completely, I may have to spend my Foonf Fund on an actual Foonf. You are scaring me. Please just let me believe that the Foonf can't possibly be worth the price you are asking. Even if I can just continue to fool myself into believing I don't want a Foonf until it's actually released, you will make my Christmas season much less stressful. I almost cried when you said "narrower than a Radian." You don't want to make me cry, do you? :(

Best Regards,
Elizabeth

P.S. Just in case it isn't clear, this is my way of saying whatever you're doing seems to be working. To the potential detriment of my pocketbook. :eek:

ROFL! Love it! Deep purple on white? Mmmm...... and easy to clean cover... mmm... narrow than the radian.... potential 45 RFing..... tech discount...... there's nothing I hate lol... June is nice because I can save away and as soon it comes out, I will get one!

On my faithful sidekick :) Don't text and drive... It may save a life!

My ladybug, 6 months old, 13 lbs, 25 1/2 inches riding in different seats each day until she gets her Combi Shuttle 35!

Reactions: Kac

violets_mommy

I can't wait to try the Foonf!! If I'm remembering correctly it is recommended for 6 months and older. Thats perfect for me. My baby will be born in March. The seat will come out when the baby is 3 months old. So that gives me 3 more months to learn all the good, bad, and ugly about the seat.

firemomof3

Just wanted to say thank you to Clek. I love that your taking the time to come and talk to us :love:
I also wanted to add my experience with cleaning my Oobr. I've had to hose it down and wash it a few times (I won't go into what happened but it involved a sick dog and lots of poop :sick:) It does wash really easily and the fabric is just amazing. I really don't think a removable cover is necessary, but that is just my opinion.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Just wanted to say thank you to Clek. I love that your taking the time to come and talk to us :love:
I also wanted to add my experience with cleaning my Oobr. I've had to hose it down and wash it a few times (I won't go into what happened but it involved a sick dog and lots of poop :sick:) It does wash really easily and the fabric is just amazing. I really don't think a removable cover is necessary, but that is just my opinion.

While I totally agree on the fabric, on the other hand, the Oobr doesn't have harnesses and harness slots and stuff to hide bits of vomit...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC