Question Fitting five in a 2015 Odyssey

KimmyT

I am pregnant with my fifth child, and will need to fit a combination of five car seats and boosters in my 2015 Honda Odyssey. I'd love some advice on how to best pull it off.

Child #1: 9 years old, 56", 71 pounds
Child #2: 7 years old, 48", 45 pounds
Child #3: 4 years old, 42", 41 pounds***
Child #4: 2 years old, 36", 35 pounds
Child #5: newborn

***This child fights with others and will put his foot in a closing door, so I prefer to have him away from others and away from the door. I also had to turn him to forward-facing yesterday because he unbuckled his car seat from the car (seat belt installation) with his toes, and then unbuckled his sister's seat as well. Forward-facing, he can no longer reach the seat belt buckles.

These are the seats/boosters that we own:
Britax Advocate x2
Britax Frontier x1
Britax Highpoint x1
Britax Pinnacle x1

I have had my eye on a Nuna Pipa - would love to use one for the baby, as it would work with our stroller - please let me know if you think it's a good choice and if it will work.

ADS

KimmyT

I'm looking at the Maxi-Cosi RodiFix or the Peg Perego Flex 120...does anyone know about using these in the 2nd row center seat?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a Flex 120 second row center and it fits perfectly! If you use a Pipa second row you can only put it driver's side if you want to use the load leg; it can't use the load leg center or passenger because of spare tire storage compartment there. It could go anywhere in the third row.

I currently have a Pipa driver's side, Peg Flex 120 center, in wide mode. Can fold the second row passenger for third row access (where we have a booster and a 5-stepper.)

The third row is so tricky for 3 across I'd consider similar if I were you. 7 year old next to the baby or 2 year old in a Flex, 9 year old in an incognito so the passenger seat can be folded, put the other 2 in the rear.

KimmyT

Can the driver's side captain's chair slide forward for 3rd row access with the Pipa base? Thanks for letting me know about the load leg - I had no idea! I always put the infant seat behind the driver's seat, anyway, but good to know!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, even if not using the load leg, which prevents you moving it at all, you wouldn't have room to slide the base forward enough to let a child through with the base installed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC