FF harnest seat good for sleeping - Canada

U

Unregistered

Hi, I want a FF seat with high harnest straps (to be harnested as long as possible) that is comfortable to sleep (not the Nautilus) as we often do long rides for vacations. Between the Sureride and the Frontier, which has a better recline angle? Good head wings might be a factor to consider to...
Any experience seeing your kids sleep in those 2 seats?

ADS
U

Unregistered

Re: FF harnest seat good for sleeping

DS is 4 years old, 30#, 37.5 inches

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd be inclined to try the Graco Dimensions or Contender if you want some recline and decent harness height. Neither the Frontier nor the SureRide are particularly reclined.

The Defender has nice big headwings as well, but again, is pretty upright.

What vehicle?

U

Unregistered

I'd be inclined to try the Graco Dimensions or Contender if you want some recline and decent harness height. Neither the Frontier nor the SureRide are particularly reclined.

What vehicle?

We have a Toyota Yaris and a Kia Sorrento, it would be mainly for the Sorrento which we use for tonger rides
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

What vehicle?

What's the harnest height of the Contender/Dimension? Higher than other convertibles like the Marathon or Symphony?
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

What vehicle?

I think those Graco are not high enough... if DS follows his growth curve he will not be 40 lbs before 6,5 yo... I think he needs a higher harnest...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

I think those Graco are not high enough... if DS follows his growth curve he will not be 40 lbs before 6,5 yo... I think he needs a higher harnest...
Posted via Mobile Device

The Dimensions/Contender measures quite high - around 18.5" I think? - but I found that due to the natural recline that my child (and the spares I occasionally put it in) outgrew it earlier than they ought to have.

Any chance of testing a Frontier and a SureRide in your vehicles? They would both certainly last a really long time for your child but the recline when installed may vary enough to make one a clear winner for you.

U

Unregistered

The Dimensions/Contender measures quite high - around 18.5" I think? - but I found that due to the natural recline that my child (and the spares I occasionally put it in) outgrew it earlier than they ought to have.

Any chance of testing a Frontier and a SureRide in your vehicles? They would both certainly last a really long time for your child but the recline when installed may vary enough to make one a clear winner for you.

Hi, so I tried some seats including the Frontier and I have new question, in the Kia Sorrento (2012), it seems like I can't remove the head rest (is that possible?) So in the higher positions of the Frontier and Graco Tranzitions the head rest of the vehicle interferes and the seats back is not flat with the vehicle's seat. What is the solution for that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

Hi, so I tried some seats including the Frontier and I have new question, in the Kia Sorrento (2012), it seems like I can't remove the head rest (is that possible?) So in the higher positions of the Frontier and Graco Tranzitions the head rest of the vehicle interferes and the seats back is not flat with the vehicle's seat. What is the solution for that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Entirely possible. However it's worth inquiring with the dealer to see if they can remove it -- and even if Kia permits its removal or if it's required for use with a forward-facing seat.

If it can not be removed then the solution would be to go with something like the SureRide that does not have a movable head rest, and instead has just the shell. Typically manufacturers permit some gaps behind the seat provided there is contact top and bottom, and the installation is secure. Evenflo might want to see photos if the gap is extreme though. Did you try the SureRide? It's on at Walmart (under the Titan 65 name) for $112 this week, which is super.

U

Unregistered

Entirely possible. However it's worth inquiring with the dealer to see if they can remove it -- and even if Kia permits its removal or if it's required for use with a forward-facing seat.

If it can not be removed then the solution would be to go with something like the SureRide that does not have a movable head rest, and instead has just the shell. Typically manufacturers permit some gaps behind the seat provided there is contact top and bottom, and the installation is secure. Evenflo might want to see photos if the gap is extreme though. Did you try the SureRide? It's on at Walmart (under the Titan 65 name) for $112 this week, which is super.

Thank you I'll call Kia.
About the Titan at Walmart, did you know it does not actually have the SureLatch system like they advertise ...just regular metal clips like the normal SureRide...weird...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

I mean the SureSafe installation Quick connector thing

I actually just learned this today and I see on the Walmart site they are listed. I'm going to get in touch with Evenflo about this and see what's up, because the previous cover colour of the Titan 65 at Walmart definitely did have the SureSafe clips.

U

Unregistered

What vehicle?

I would say the Boulevard ClickTight would be the best option, no? It has 18.5 inches harness height

U

Unregistered

What vehicle?

However. I'm not a car seat expert at all, any reason why recomending the Dimensions/Contender for this specific question, over the Boulevard ClickTight Pixelated? it also has a good recline FF..

Pixelated

However. I'm not a car seat expert at all, any reason why recomending the Dimensions/Contender for this specific question, over the Boulevard ClickTight Pixelated? it also has a good recline FF..

It's significantly more money, and I'm not convinced that it effectively has more usable height once installed. I also haven't seen them side by side to know which is more reclined. I think the best option would be to try both in the same vehicle with the same child and check to see how much growing room you have. Seats mysteriously lose or gain height when properly installed. I can't explain it, but it's true!

elsie5

What vehicle?

Hi, I was wondering about the Contender. The second crotch strap slot is around 5.5 inches max. Did you hear if it was a problem with older kids close to the height limit? (especially for a boy). Thank you

U

Unregistered

reading this thread, why not recommending the Masestro for this case? any reason ? 18" harness should be enough for a small kid

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC