Evenflo Symphony Platinum in Honda Odyssey

R

Raina

My daughter's new convertible seat arrived. She is 6 months and around 18 lbs. I chose the Evenflo Symphony Platinum. I chose it for the safety reviews but also liked the idea of that Outlast fabric. I live in Northern California and summer temps range from 100-115 and my baby is a major sweater. I just installed it in an outboard captain's chair in my 2016 Honda Odyssey. I don't know how I feel about it. I was able to get it less than that 1 inch of wiggle room, but it was very difficult to get a towel positioned just right underneath to get the right angle. It still doesn't feel as "rock solid" as her primo viaggio did, and definitely not as solid as big brother's Britax Frontier CT. It's been quite a while since I've installed a rear facing convertible seat. Is it super common to have to use the rolled up towel when the convertible is fully reclined? I'm assuming that it is crash tested with and without the towel since it is mentioned in the car seat manual. Is that correct?

There's a good chance that I will end up returning this seat. I know there are lots of Odyssey drivers on here; what convertible seat do you recommend? I'm considering the Britax Boulevard (although I'm not sure about that Consumer Reports findings on that seat with the harness pulling through the seat. I wish they would have tested the advocate too) and the Chicco Nextfit. I always look at seat reviews on here first, then I look at the consumer reports review(and weight that one with a grain of salt). Help!!! I don't think I can spend $$$$ on the Nuna Rava or a Clek.

ADS

flutie128

I have a Toyota Sienna and really like my Graco extend2fit though we don't quite as hot as California. If you are worried about sweating, the Chicco Nextfit air is suppose to be nice.

R

Raina

Thanks for your input. I am definitely returning the Evenflo. It only offers 3 recline options and it's not even close to reclining far enough to keep my daughter's chin off her chest. So weird! I really don't understand how that seat reclines enough for newborns. Anyways...I went to Target this afternoon and played with a few seats. Unforutnately their Chicco Nextfit floor model was missing?? I was surprised how much I liked the Graco 4ever. I know that one is very similar to the Extend2Fit. I'll check that one out too. I did like the Marathon as well.

flutie128

The 4ever is a nice seat. I got the extend2fit because my baby is really chubby and I wanted to make sure she could rearface until at least 3 and needed the 50 pound rearface limit to make sure I could do that.

lgenne

I absolutely love what Graco has done recently. I have a Milestone and an Extend2Fit 3-in-1, and I adore them both.

The 4Ever is great (although I'd never use it backless, so it's hard to justify the price difference vs. the very similar Milestone). The Extend2Fit is pretty fantastic too.

Dillipop

I absolutely love what Graco has done recently. I have a Milestone and an Extend2Fit 3-in-1, and I adore them both.

The 4Ever is great (although I'd never use it backless, so it's hard to justify the price difference vs. the very similar Milestone). The Extend2Fit is pretty fantastic too.

I agree. There were some seats years ago that had me shaking my head at them but overall, their current line up of seats is pretty fantastic. We have an Extend2fit and use it more than our boulevard or foonf. It is so easy to use correctly and fits my son great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC