ERF eye opener (but no pictures)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just measured my dd2 and daycare boy, and she's almost 57 inches (no wonder she's almost 5 stepping!) and he's not yet 49"...he's 7. If he were a couple pounds less he'd fit in the S1EX (is that what we call it? Fred, if you read the other thread), the Safety 1st seat with the 50lb limit and 49" height limit for RF.
Anyway, random thought, lol.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

I think we decided EX50? I dunno...looks better read fast then S1EX.... But yeah....I think it could probably fit a lot of 5-6 years olds!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Keeyamah

Yeah, it would still fit my 90% for height 5.5 yr old by standing height, for another inch, maybe inch and half. He's about 47.5-48" tall. But he is 95% for weight, so already 55lbs. But it would have at least gotten him to 4 :)

bnsnyde

I don't know for us. My daughter is almost 2 and is in it...it doesn't look like she has years and years. I think it'll get her to 4. She is 95% for height though.

When she is 4 brother will be 2, so I could pass it down. But I don't know it will fit behind me as driver, with enough space...I guess I don't need to worry right now! Our only issue is the sides are so high that it's hard to get in and out for her. Now, deep sides are cool...but she is the middle row, middle seat. Ug! Or maybe it's a blessing as she can't reach to bother her siblings on either side, one of which will be a newborn.

jwilliams

OK, I'm going to have to take my oldest daughter to TRU to see this beast! She's 5.5yo, 47" and 46lbs, so totally within the limits, hypothetically. It's crazy that there is now a seat that could accommodate a tall 5.5yo RF after 40lbs.!

bnsnyde

Is it just me? I can't get any leverage to tighten it enough.

It's brand new so it could be I'm not used to it (plus it's in the middle, and I'm about to have a baby), don't know any tricks for this seat, etc. When she's in it, it's easy to loosen (luckily since our older Advocate would NOT, or was being stubborn, etc.). But to tighten it when she's in it...it's way too hard. Huh.

I don't want to push really hard with my weight on the side for leverage because the side doesn't seem super solid, and there is foam there.

??????

Keeyamah

RFing, right? Reach behind the seat and grab the straps, pull them snug there, then pull on the harness adjuster strap. It's how I did my Radian when my youngest had a broken arm, the only time I loosened and tightened the straps each time, lol. I hate adjusting straps, so I "set it and forget it" until I have to.

bnsnyde

The Radians were awesome with leaving straps at one place. We always did that.

Many others I find it hard to get the child out/in if I don't loosen.

I can try the back reaching thing...it's quite big so I don't know if I can bend so well right now, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC