double stroller?

U

Unregistered

Can anyone recommend a double stroller that my 3 1/2 yo and an infant could comfortably share. It seems like I have seen one that has a sort of bench seat to ride rear facing for the older child. My 3 1/2 yo doesn't always need a stroller, but I definitely want to have that option for long periods of walking. Thanks for any help!

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Baby Trend makes the sit n stand and Joovy makes a caboose.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby/83609/DeluxeSitNStand.html

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_caboose.php

I haven't used either so I can't comment on how well they work, I'm sorry. I have heard decent comments about them both. I think steering can be tough but like most front/back tandems.

As your baby gets older the Peg Perego P3 is nice because it is a single with foot pegs in the back for your older child to stand on yet it folds up similar to an umbrella stroller. It is tough if not impossible though for an older child to hop on when the seat is reclined.

Dillipop

The joovy has a smaller footprint than the sit and stand. It is shorter front to back, folds smaller and weighs less. We just purchased the joovy for when #2 comes along this summer. Haven't had a chance to use it outside, but DS who is almost 3 loves the jumpseat and being able to stand. The joovy also fit the safeseat tightly with the infant seat adapter, which is what we are probably getting for our primary car. Joovy is at BRU and target carries the sit and stand. Hope this helps a little.

U

Unregistered

i think the sit and stand at target is better for an older child and an infant. the joovy is much shorter, but the back seat slides front to back and doesn't lock. my 3 yo's knees are up almost to his chest when on the platform and he cantouch the ground and drag his feet, really anoying. my 12 month old barely fits in the front set, so i can't see it being a good solution for the long term. it's also next to impossible to fit an older child on the seat in the back if you are using it with an infant seat.

i really wanted to like the joovy, but i just couldn't. the sit and stand at target is a little longer (and not as cute) but it does the job so much better.

U

Unregistered

joovy - infant carseat

Today I saw a woman in the store with a Joovy. She had a toddler in the front stroller part, and an infant in an infant carseat in the back (up high, like where the handle is). I stopped and asked her if it was designed to do that and she said no but it works great and is very secure! It sure looked secure from my perspective. And it was the perfect setup with the newborn close to her and the toddler able to look out and all around. Has anybody else used their Joovy this way or seen it done? Thanks!

skaterbabs

I've never seen that particular one, but I've done basically the same thing when my boys were really tiny. We weren't able to afford a double stroller until ds#2 was 4 mos old, so it was that or try to push a 35+lb 2 yo and carry a 15 lb infant + carrier at the same time.

marshmallow

I've seen quite a few joovy ones at the mall (some may have been sitn stands -but that sort of thing) and not once did i ever see a kid sitting or riding on the back. And it didn't look like a kid could even sit in the back -- their head would hit the back of the seat.

Dillipop

We have the Joovy and have used it at the mall a couple times since DS2 was born 6 weeks ago. My 3 year old, who is 39 inches tall and 34 pounds, loves to sit on the back. He hops off when we stop and gets really upset if we start walking again and he is not on the seat. I have tried to show him how to stand on the back, thinking that would be more comfortable, but he really loves that jump seat. I wouldn't put a kid back there for long walks or anything, but for it's purpose, (providing a ride for an older kid who is tired of walking) it works really well!

gwenvet

I have the MacLaren Twin Traveller that I got on ebay on sale last fall when the 2006 models were allready selling. After getting it I wished that I had gotten the Inglesina double. We just LOVE the Inglesina single that we have and honestly, I don't see that much difference aside from the price and the MacLaren foot muffs which are great but which are too small for a 3 year old.

SarahP

We have a Jeep double stroller -- Grand something. 2 seats - back one will fit a 'punkin seat' from a travel system, or both children sitting up, or front one sitting and back one lying down. With our son, we purchased a Graco travel system that fit in the trunk of our Taurus (the stroller part) but barely. This Jeep folds up to about the size of the Graco - perhaps a bit smaller, as it fits in the trunk or now the back of my mini van much better.
And it has a little steering wheel for the child up front

bestjob-mommy

i vote for sit n stand!

I vote for the sit and stand by baby trend. THe joovy is shorter, but I have seen that you can't use an infant seat in the front and have room for the toddler to sit on the bench in the back. I have the sit n stand, and just love it! It has a parent tray, the joovy doesn't. And I put an infant car seat in the front , with a 2yrs old and 4 yr old sitting on the bench in the back. My 4 yr old loves it at the zoo, she can get in and out by herself, look at animals and then hop back in. The 3 pt harness in the back is a great feature. THis stroller meets all of my needs, and its very easy to push, even with 3 kids in it, plus lunch cooler and a diaper bag.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC