News Dorel Incognito booster

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
60lbs? Dammit. At the percentile that DD is in, she won't hit 60lba until maybe 10. But that's what it's purpose is, right? For older kids?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was all excited until I seen it only goes up to 59in. I know R is not always fitting right in the lap area an even though you are supposed to be good once you hit 4"9, that's not always the case, since the belt is installed differently in a lot of cars.

59" is 4'11' right? Almost 5 feet? If a kid did need it longer, there's always parental decision :whistle:

This would be great for short grown-ups who need a lift. A higher official height limit (or none at all) would be nice. ETA: and weight limit.

thekatie

59" is 4'11' right? Almost 5 feet? If a kid did need it longer, there's always parental decision :whistle:

This would be great for short grown-ups who need a lift. A higher official height limit (or none at all) would be nice.

I don't understand height limits on boosters, at least backless. So long as head isn't over the head support and the seatbelt fits well at the lap and shoulder...... I'm sure I'm wrong, but in my mind it's kind of like how you can have LATCHable boosters, and the child's weight doesn't matter because only the booster is LATCHed, not the kid. The booster is just bumping them up into a better belt fit.

Not that it matters in our situation or that I will likely have to make a parental decision to disregard stated limits (which makes me happy, I don't know that I could, regardless if I understand why it's a rule or not), since J1 is short and stocky. It's weight I have to worry about.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
60lbs? Dammit. At the percentile that DD is in, she won't hit 60lba until maybe 10. But that's what it's purpose is, right? For older kids?

Exactly. It's not even being marketed as a "booster" but as a "kid positioner." This is NOT intended to be what kids graduate to after a harnessed car seat or even necessarily after a highback booster. This is for kids who have either outgrown a regular backless booster, or who are headed into middle school and simply can't be caught dead in the same booster that their 4 year old cousins use. Most kids under 60 lbs, regardless of age, will be just fine in a regular booster seat.

Kel

I'd like one for me. I'm 59&3/4". I drive a e 350 van, and could use a little lift. Not much, but a little. This might do it.

Shaunam

Adrian has no issues riding in a booster, self esteem-wise, but we are having horrible issues getting the shoulder belt in my car to fit him properly! The only seat that really works and I feel comfortable with him in is the top side, because of the weird routing. But he grew so much over the summer his lap belt is now freakishly low. :eek: He's only 8 1/2 but he's not a small kid....this might be the answer to our problems. I think a regular booster would be easier if your kid fits though! Adrian is now 72 lbs and about 53" tall. He nearly 5 steps in some cars, but not quite. He needs to grow some legs. ;)

I'd personally have no issue using it over the height limit.

bubbaray

Ok well the 60lb minimum SUCKS. My kids will be driving before they hit 60lbs. :(

Maybe the certification here will be for a different minimum weight.

jacqui276

Adrian has no issues riding in a booster, self esteem-wise, but we are having horrible issues getting the shoulder belt in my car to fit him properly! The only seat that really works and I feel comfortable with him in is the top side, because of the weird routing. But he grew so much over the summer his lap belt is now freakishly low. :eek: He's only 8 1/2 but he's not a small kid....this might be the answer to our problems. I think a regular booster would be easier if your kid fits though! Adrian is now 72 lbs and about 53" tall. He nearly 5 steps in some cars, but not quite. He needs to grow some legs. ;)

I'd personally have no issue using it over the height limit.

I have the same issue with DD (She is 54" and 68lbs). She doesn't mind riding in a booster (as long as it is backless), she 5-steps in some positions but not all, but in most boosters the shoulder belt is too low on her shoulder. This might work for us.

zactayaus

Maybe by the time they come out my 10 year old will weigh 60lbs. He would be thrilled with this since he's been begging me every day to get out of a booster. He's totally embarrassed and doesn't want anyone to know he still sits in one.:(

thepote

My 9.5 year old (52" 67lbs) is close to 5-stepping in the Ody 3rd row, but he doesn't mind his Monterey HBB, so unless he asks I'm not going to offer a backless. He does use a nbb for friend's cars, though. Lately his friends' parents have been putting a backless in for him before they pick him up... even when their kid doesn't use one anymore. Three different families have done that this summer, which I think is very cool of them.

I wonder if when he does want to use a nbb since he's so close to 5-stepping this would be better than a nbb...

skylinphoto

Oooooh! Im totally buying this for myself when it comes out! Im 4'11 and under 120lbs and could use a boost while driving.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Now to try this, the bubblebum and the topside in our tight 3 across happening in December. unless the 2 oldest keep fitting about where they are going to sit and I move the 2 of them to the 3rd row. I'm looking for a booster for our ds, he will be almost 8y when we make the seating switch. he is 75# and 52". he currently rides in a monterey but you can't buckle it next to a rf radian in our 3rd row.

ctbcleveland

Maybe by the time they come out my 10 year old will weigh 60lbs. He would be thrilled with this since he's been begging me every day to get out of a booster. He's totally embarrassed and doesn't want anyone to know he still sits in one.:(

If I had a 10 year old in your situation, I would be very inclined to use this.

Kat_Momof3

OMG OMG OMG!

I was just saying a few weeks ago that someone needed to make something like this! Adrian NEEDS this!

so does Ruthie... her top side is getting borderline with the lap belt position and she's getting squished as pre-puberty continues to slowly press on. (also, bike riding seems to be making our thighs thicker, not just more solid than ever)

kphil

Oh, this is a very cool idea! I hate to ride in my dh's car because the front seat belt is a terrible fit on me (literally doesn't touch me at all on the buckle side, and sits so lightly across my body that I'm continually yanking on it to try to get it to lie against me). I'm a little taller than the limit, but well under the weight and think this would be perfect. It would also allow my 13yo dd to ride in the front in his car if he ever needs to take all 4 kids somewhere (which he very occasionally needs to, but we avoid due to the front seat issue).

Excited! :dance:

glockchick

My 9 1/2 yr old is the same way, but she is solidly over 60 lbs. I'll probably get her one. She's using a bubble bum now but the clips annoy her. These look like they'll slide in with less maneuvering.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC