DOM question True Fit

M

melada

So I just bought a True fit for my second child that will be born in August. I have one for my first child and love it, so when I saw it on sale for $119.97 at Zellers I had to get it now. Anyways my question is, they only had one left and the Date of manufacture is 2010/11/16 the model number is c670c in the elegance pattern. Should the date of manufacture not be newer? I am questioning if it is up to date and if I should keep it. Please let me know what your opinions are on this matter! TIA!

ADS

mam521

Hi and Welcome!

The price is a reflection of the DOM. But, my question is when did you purchase that seat? The bigger issue is a 2010 DOM wasn't legally allowed to even be sold to you after Jan. 1.

U

Unregistered

I just purchased this seat on Tuesday so April 24/12. So should I be returning this to Zellers and requesting a newer seat? Informing them that it was illeagal to sell this seat after Jan 1?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
mam521 said:
Hi and Welcome!

The price is a reflection of the DOM. But, my question is when did you purchase that seat? The bigger issue is a 2010 DOM wasn't legally allowed to even be sold to you after Jan. 1.

This model of True Fit may have been compliant already. It has the anti-rebound bar, so is likely to meet the rebound standards. And the TF has always had a 23# and 1 year minimum for FF. I don't recall if "walking unassisted" is in the manual, but there is also some loophole that some manufacturer's are using to not put that in. So lack of that wording may mean nothing as far as compliance goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

amyd

Another tech and I picked up one of these seats tonight. They are 2012 compliant. The 2012 standards have been public since early-mid 2010 as they were originally supposed to come into effect January 1, 2011 but an extension was granted. Some manufacturers had compliant stock out before others did.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC