dodge caravan questions

libranbutterfly

I drive a 1999 plymouth expresso, which is one of the caravan clones. Right now i have 2 in boosters and 2 rf (baby and day care child) so have not gotten to getting tethers yet. But my big girls arent doing well in boosters, so i want to move them to frontiers. I remember reading somewhere that the seats from the 2000/2001 vans have latch and top tethers, and fit in the same way as the factory seats. I am hoping to get a second 3 seat bench anyways, so that i can fit my cousins and brother again. Would it be ok to do this? Info and pictures would be great :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Mommy!

I used to have a 2000 (almost positive that was the year) Dodge Caravan. You could indeed put a second three seat rear bench in the second row, however where the regular two seat second row bench had two full sets of latch and tethers on it as I recall the third row three seat bench had no latch and only a top tether for the middle seat on the back of the bench.

MyTwoSons

I have a 2001 caravan. The 2nd row two-seat bench has two sets of latch and two top tethers. The 3rd row three-seat bench has two sets of latch and three top tethers.

HTH

Katy

I have a 2000 grand caravan sport. There were no latch or tethers installed on the seats, but you can get it retrofitted for tether by finding a tech with a latch manual to get part information for your dealer. My van you can put a 3rd row bench in the 2nd row.

My moms T&C is a 01 or 02 and the driver side chair has latch and tether, the 3rd row is a 50/50 split and only has tether in the center 3rd row. The chair was not factory but it came from another van of same year. They don't have a pass chair. I do know that our seats are not compatible even though we were told the T&C/caravan were the same seats.

Katy

I have a 2000 grand caravan sport. There were no latch or tethers installed on the seats, but you can get it retrofitted for tether by finding a tech with a latch manual to get part information for your dealer. My van you can put a 3rd row bench in the 2nd row.

My moms T&C is a 01 or 02 and the driver side chair has latch and tether, the 3rd row is a 50/50 split and only has tether in the center 3rd row. The chair was not factory but it came from another van of same year. They don't have a pass chair. I do know that our seats are not compatible even though we were told the T&C/caravan were the same seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC